Thread: 210 review

210 review

Well, as you may know, my fishing partner and I won the draw boat at last year's Ultimate Challenge Tournament. I finally picked up the boat about a month ago. First of all, I have to thank Charger Boats, Joe Dorris, Ulrich Marine, the Ultimate Challenge tournament staff and last but not least my fishing partner - Brian Davis. Without this opportunity, I could have never afforded this new boat. This is one of the best ran tournaments that I fish! I really do not understand why there aren't 300-400 boats in it? If you own a Charger or Champion boat, you really should consider it!

I have been a Charger owner for almost 25 years. I have had (2) boats previously - 186 and 496, so I was very reluctant to go with the 210 option. I priced upgrading to both the 496 and 210 and after thinking about it for quite a bit, I decided to go with the 210. I think that I made the right decision. I have been on the water with it for 4 weekends in a row now and have right about 13 hours on the motor. (250 PRO XS). To say that I am impressed with not only the boat but the motor would be an understatement! This boat rides really good! I have had it on some rough waters and it did a great job. It is different than my 496 in the fact that it likes to ride more on top of the waves, where as the 496 you would trim down and plow through them. The boat is solid too! When you hit a big cruiser wake, it just feels solid and doesn't shake the whole boat. Our moderator doesn't believe me, but the seats are really nice in the rough stuff too! I am also VERY impressed with the fit and finish on the 210. I haven't found one thing to bitch about yet and trust me, I like to bitch! The carpet is very well done and the gel coat is spot on. Even the trailer is nice.

I am still learning how to drive the boat and will need a little more seat time to get the full potential out of the V8, but I am easily hitting 70MPH @ 6000 RPMs with 2 guys, tournament load and full tank of gas. Running a 24 pitch Fury prop right now. I am pretty sure it has a little more in it, but again, I will need more seat time. The most impressive thing about the Mercury is the mid-range torque. If you are at 3000 RPMs and hammer it, it will set you back! I love that motor!

Trolling motor down, the 210 is different than the 496. It does move around a little easier but that could be due to the bad ass Garmin trolling motor. The 210 does catch a little more wind than the 496 and I don't think the 210 is quite as stable while fishing. Definitely not a deal breaker. I do miss the under-seat storage in the 496 and the glove box on the passenger console. Going with a single console was my choice though. The amount of storage in the 210 is incredible! I fit everything that was in my 496 in 2 compartments in the 210.

I am very happy with this choice and I could go on boring you guys. If you have any questions, let me know. If you're in the area and want to go for a ride, let me know. I think you will be impressed too.

Mike

Glad you're digging it.

Glad you are liking it Mike!!

Now about the storage; you fit all your stuff in 2 compartments??!! Holy hell; I have my boat stuffed and still have to leave some stuff at home depending on where we are going.
    Charger 210 Elite

4. Banned
    ... Dan

I forgot I hadn’t shown pics of your boat to the wife. Showed her now and she said to tell you she thinks it looks really really good!!
    Charger 210 Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Pro-Hunt View Post
    I forgot I hadn’t shown pics of your boat to the wife. Showed her now and she said to tell you she thinks it looks really really good!!
    Show us the pics.

Quote Originally Posted by 11pounder View Post
    Show us the pics.
    Hopefully Mike posts some more here. But for now you can find pics of Mike’s boat in this thread http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....1034520&page=5
    Charger 210 Elite

8. Member
    AE9C436B-1C73-4350-AD19-5CE2FC612388.jpegHeres one. Not the best picture but the flake really pops in the sun

9. Member
    Love the colors!!! Thanks for the review!!!

Wish: Pretty damned good review sir. Glad you're loving it and looking forward to more pics.

11. Member
    Went up on the river last night and the 210 was running pretty good. Hitting 73+ MPH. This boat gets there quick in my opinion, but it is a handful at WOT. It's gonna take some seat time for me to learn how to get the full potential out of the boat, but I am more than happy with the speed and handling so far.

Was you by yourself are did you have a partner with you?

13. Member
    I was by myself, but i had about 3/4 of a tank of fuel and a ton of stuff in the boat. Plus my fat ass!

That's good, why is it so hard to drive? You try moving some weight around?

15. Member
    I really haven't had time to just drive and play around with it. I still haven't calibrated my Force trolling motor either. Just been busy as hell and hot as hell. I think I may be trimming it up too much? On my 496, I could trim to the moon and no issues, this one gets squirrely past 70. I really do not need to go over 70MPH, but every once and a while, its fun!

16. Banned
    It's a Champion hull if your anywhere near the right set up it is going to chine walk.

17. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    My Champ start starts to walk at 70 as well. I've never played with the plate, but figure I'm a hair too deep with it.