Thread: Bravo on a 250?

Bravo on a 250?

Have any of you guys tried to run a Bravo 26 pitch on a 20 or 21 foot boat with a BF250?

I can turn a 25 or a 26 in a fury or a Tempest but slow out of the hole with a 26. Just thinking I hear a Bravo of equal pitch turns more rpms then a Fury or Tempest and being a 4 blade should help with hole shot.

Best prop I have run so far on my Puma / Honda 250 was a Fury 4 worked by Ronnie Gilbert, but unfortunately it slung a blade. I'm currently running a Croxton Razor 4XL, just sent it back to Mark for him to tweek for my boat set up.
    2019 BassCat Puma FTD, Honda 250, Croxton Razor 4XL,Garmin Force, Power Pole Blades & Charge, Atlas JP, Ionic 36v Lithium, K2 Energy Lithium NoCo GenPro10x1, All Garmin Electronics with PanOptics LiveScope

jefflhoman.com

3. Member
    I run a Bravo 25 pitch on my 2013 Legend Alpha 211/Honda BF250 combo. If I cared about top end speed I'd tweak it a little bit to reduce rpm's and improve speed, but I love it. Top end is about 64, which is about where the rpm's are LOL, but I never really run it that hard. Hole shot, regardless of load, is almost instantaneous. Mid range acceleration is unbelievable. Handles and drives GREAT.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Hobbie Hut View Post
    I run a Bravo 25 pitch on my 2013 Legend Alpha 211/Honda BF250 combo. If I cared about top end speed I'd tweak it a little bit to reduce rpm's and improve speed, but I love it. Top end is about 64, which is about where the rpm's are LOL, but I never really run it that hard. Hole shot, regardless of load, is almost instantaneous. Mid range acceleration is unbelievable. Handles and drives GREAT.
    Is it safe to assume you plug all PVS holes? With the 25 Bravo on the Alpha you turn about 6300 to 6400 rpm's?

5. Member
    Yes, I keep all holes plugged.....but, we had to drill a small hole in the solid plugs to keep them from getting sucked out of the prop. And yes, I can hit 6300 rpm's, but I don't like to run the motor that hard so I rarely do. I should add, I run a 12 inch Atlas hydraulic so maybe that helps. But I really don't have to play with trim or jack plate or anything much to get up and running. I usually leave the Atlas at 10-12 depending on load.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Homan View Post
    Best prop I have run so far on my Puma / Honda 250 was a Fury 4 worked by Ronnie Gilbert, but unfortunately it slung a blade. I'm currently running a Croxton Razor 4XL, just sent it back to Mark for him to tweek for my boat set up.
    When Ronnie worked your prop was it a 25 pitch when he got done with it?

Quote Originally Posted by GEEBASS2000 View Post
    When Ronnie worked your prop was it a 25 pitch when he got done with it?
    Yes, he just did his magic! Now I'm waiting on my Croxton Razor 4XL that Mark is going to work for my set up. I'm scared of the Fury 4 now that IO have read about so many slinging a blade.
    2019 BassCat Puma FTD, Honda 250, Croxton Razor 4XL,Garmin Force, Power Pole Blades & Charge, Atlas JP, Ionic 36v Lithium, K2 Energy Lithium NoCo GenPro10x1, All Garmin Electronics with PanOptics LiveScope

jefflhoman.com

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Homan View Post
    Yes, he just did his magic! Now I'm waiting on my Croxton Razor 4XL that Mark is going to work for my set up. I'm scared of the Fury 4 now that IO have read about so many slinging a blade.
    Two prop shops told me same thing they both see a lot of Fury 4's throwing blades.