selling a shotgun during the neighborhood yard sale?

What information, if any, would you require from a buyer to purchase a shotgun you own at the yard sale?
    Thanks!

Call your local gun dealer and ask them. Look up on internet your state laws for selling shotgun. Don't guess then get burned with liability.
    2018 Nitro Z18 w/175 HP Merc ProXs
    16ft Monark - all Electric (70#bow, 2x45# stern)

3. Member
    I probably wouldn't sell to someone I didn't know personally.
    2000 Ranger 518vx - 2019 Mercury Pro xs 200

Check is ID for name. Write a receipt stating he is not restricted to buy a gun and make him sign it. If your state allows face to face shotgun sales then don't let the nay sayers stop you. If you get a bad feeling from the guy then just sell to someone else. I have a buddy that has scored many great guns at yards sales. He's not a criminal.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

5. Member
    Thanks for all the replies. I opted not to sell any guns this past weekend. I just can't let myself sell weapons that I enjoy shooting regardless if I need them or not.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeSF View Post
    Thanks for all the replies. I opted not to sell any guns this past weekend. I just can't let myself sell weapons that I enjoy shooting regardless if I need them or not.
    Best reason not to sell.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

I have sold guns at a yard sale. They lived in my community and I got their license and did bill of sale. We both signed it.
    2018 Ranger Z518C 200hp Rude.
    12 inch HDS Carbon
    9 inch HDS Carbon

2022 Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins