Minn Kota Terrova problems

Hi all, my Terrova iPilot is only a few years old. Last year it worked great. This year right away, it stopped working correctly. If using the remote, OR the foot pedal, if you go above a certain speed (that has changed, sometimes a 3 setting, sometimes a 6 setting) you cannot turn the motor if the propeller is turning. If you stop the prop, the motor will turn, although at times extremely slowly. My battery is charged overnight and reads 12.4v. I have reset to factory defaults, disconnected everything,cleaned some weeds out from behind the prop, and still doesn't work properly. SOMETIMES, it may work correctly 1st thing in the am, sometimes not. 2 days ago it worked for about 2 hours flawlessly....then, stopped working correctly.
    Any ideas out there?

2. Member
    May need to have battery checked. This weekend my cranking battery read 12.4 volts but wouldn't crank my Mercury. Had it load tested and it was bad so new battery and back in business.
    2016 Phoenix 819 Mercury 200 Pro XS
    Kenny

3. Member
    Try taking your battery somewhere to have it load tested. Could be that it's reading correct voltages, but once you start drawing from it, it craps out.
    2020 Triton 206 Allure
    Mercury 250 Pro XS 4S Serial # 2B642047
    Bravo XS 22p @ 4.5" PTP
    Minn-Kota Terrova 112 w/ IPilot
    Lowrance Ti2 12" Console
    Lowrance Ti2 9" Bow
    Lowrance Point 1
    Standard Horizon GX2350S
    Shakespeare QC-8 Antenna

4. Member
    Ok, sounds good guys.....that makes a bit of sense, as I just remembered another thing. When I do a battery check, is always says full charge, even if I've been out using it for a few hours. And it's really dim. Thanks!

5. Member
    Your battery is not fully charged if it is reading 12.4

6. Member
    Thanks guys..............it certainly was the battery. After taking it out and charging all night, the charger said fully charged. I put the battery load tester on it, and it was at 10.5, with a load, it went lower than 6! Got a new battery, and all is well. Thanks for the replies..... fishing time!!