How to back flush livewell

Maybe I’m being stupid but can’t figure out how to back flush my livewells. 2004 stratos 200proxl. Thanks for the help

2. Member
    Remove the screens from the thru-hull fittings and remove the sprayers and put a hose up to the fittings and let the water flush thru.

3. Member
    Do the sprayers just pop off?

4. Member
    You unscrew the red nut behind the Spray valve and they pull out.
    why do you think you need to back flush the livewells?

5. Member
    201pro- when I try to fill my livewell barely any water comes out.

6. Member
    Probably needs a new pump.

Quote Originally Posted by 201pro View Post
    Probably needs a new pump.
    ...or it could be the housing cracked and drawing air. If he has a quick change canister type he needs to check the housing it screws into when he changes the pump. If he has the type that the housing and pump are made together he will be chaining the housing and pump at the same time because they are made together.

That could be a few things. I take it you hear the pump running and see a small amount of water coming out of the sprayer head? If so try putting the boat in reverse and back up for a bit with a little extra gas to push water through the intake. If it starts working great you may have cleared a blockage or cleared the vapor lock. Try that and report back. Take some photo's of your pumps and valve and post up here so I can see if you are still original.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

9. Member
    I assume it’s only one pump doing this and all the others work properly? You should have 4 individual
    pumps.