Solix and mega 360 Question

Fixing to put a Solix up front in tandem with my Lowrance unit. This unit will strictly be for 360/lake master.
    which solix has the best picture when standing at the bow? I know biggest usually better but I have limited space.
    i know on Lowrance the smaller units tend to have a better picture. Is the screens the same on solix not considering the size?

is solix the best one for mega 360?
    --------------------------------------------
    Phillip Arrington
    Dover/Goodlettsville Tn

2017 Sponsoring Partners:
    C&O Marine, Mercury Marine, Goodlettsville Gun Shop, Cantrell's Market, Motorguide , YETI, Carrot Stix, Yum, GateWay Tire Service Center, StormR, SpoolTek, RodSox, Jewel Bait Company, U.S. Bass, Bobs Machine Shop, Lazyman Hooks, FishBum, Bass Militia, Rayus, and Jenko Fishing.

1999 Triton TR-21PD
    Mercury 300R

Nothing??
    Phillip Arrington
    Dover/Goodlettsville Tn

C&O Marine, Mercury Marine, Goodlettsville Gun Shop, Cantrell's Market, Motorguide , YETI, Carrot Stix, Yum, GateWay Tire Service Center, StormR, SpoolTek, RodSox, Jewel Bait Company, U.S. Bass, Bobs Machine Shop, Lazyman Hooks, FishBum, Bass Militia, Rayus, and Jenko Fishing.

1999 Triton TR-21PD
    Mercury 300R

Cannot speak for the Solix but the H'birds I have used (helix 7, 8 and 9) have all had good crisp images

Hey Phil, not exactly sure what you are looking for with the picture - the Solix units are going to be the same screen just in different sizes, 10", 12", 15" so you'll have to decide how much space you have. Any differences in clarity or pixel definition will be pretty small and nothing you'll notice. Honestly, if you aren't familiar with Humminbird, I would highly suggest going with a Helix unit. It's easier to use, costs less and will show you just as much detail.
    Rob Ridge
    www.folsombassteam.com
    2018 Nitro Z19 Pro, 200 Mercury Pro XS

I'm wanting to go with a solid because it will be more compatible longer with new accessories. The helix is on the way out, correct?

just wondering if a 10 is too small to see the mega 360 detail while standing on the bow.
    Phillip Arrington
    Dover/Goodlettsville Tn

1999 Triton TR-21PD
    Mercury 300R

Solix & Helix are different technology - Solix is touch screen and Helix is not. I don't think there has been any mention of the Helix series going away...seems like HB would always want to have a line of graphs that are financially attainable for most folks. The Solix units are fairly pricey and definitely take some getting used to. I have run Helix units for a few years and they work just fine...

Take a look at this thread and decide for yourself. I'm actually going to be running two Helix 9's at the bow on a Precision Sonar PMS dual mount. I can see the M360 image just fine on the Helix 9...

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1058052
    Rob Ridge
    www.folsombassteam.com
    2018 Nitro Z19 Pro, 200 Mercury Pro XS

7. Banned
    When I had my M360 installed I had a H12 helix and decided I wanted to try one of my Solix units. After about 3 trips I couldn't wait to get the helix back. I can't explain it but the helix screen shape just works better for the 360 IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by pfisher View Post
    When I had my M360 installed I had a H12 helix and decided I wanted to try one of my Solix units. After about 3 trips I couldn't wait to get the helix back. I can't explain it but the helix screen shape just works better for the 360 IMO.
    That would be hard to explain since the Helix 12 and SOLIX 12 have the exact same display shape and pixel count.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Keep the info coming guys. I know nothing about either unit. Thank you.
    Phillip Arrington
    Dover/Goodlettsville Tn

1999 Triton TR-21PD
    Mercury 300R