Ghost creeping sounds

Anyone getting any loud creeking noises when on higher speeds and turning the motor. ?

2. Member
    Yes. As the weather has gotten hotter, I've noticed that when I am making a turn it'll creek. I've isolated the noise to the front plastic nose piece. Even in my garage I can apply some pressure, pulling on the vertical side of the plastic nose piece and it'll creek. It's held on by 2 socket head screws. I removed it and put a piece of electric tape on the side of the base, then reinstalled the nose piece. Still creeked, so I removed the tape.

Since I know what it is, I can live with it while I brainstorm a possible fix.

IMG_7805.jpg
    Bullet 21XRS
    Mercury Pro XS 250

3. Member
    if you figure something out please pm me, I’ll do same. Th marine sold a little pad with sticker tape on one side and a pad on other for similar creeks. Maybe that would work.

​
    Quote Originally Posted by djb750 View Post
    Yes. As the weather has gotten hotter, I've noticed that when I am making a turn it'll creek. I've isolated the noise to the front plastic nose piece. Even in my garage I can apply some pressure, pulling on the vertical side of the plastic nose piece and it'll creek. It's held on by 2 socket head screws. I removed it and put a piece of electric tape on the side of the base, then reinstalled the nose piece. Still creeked, so I removed the tape.

Since I know what it is, I can live with it while I brainstorm a possible fix.

IMG_7805.jpg

Yeah, me too when it turns. Use 1/4” rubber material instead of the washers.

This is wearing me out! I can’t get the picture to post upright. The puck is between Pipers right paws.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MBDiagMan; 06-09-2020 at 04:03 PM.
    Ranger R81
    Lowrance HDS Live 9”
    Lowrance HDS Live 12”
    Active Target 2 on Seelite Pole
    Lowrance Ghost
    Mercury 175

5. Member
    Are you sure it is not the break away knuckle ? I was going to spray some silicone on it to see if that will fix it.

I will try lubing the knuckle.
    Ranger R81
    Lowrance HDS Live 9”
    Lowrance HDS Live 12”
    Active Target 2 on Seelite Pole
    Lowrance Ghost
    Mercury 175

7. Member
    I’m also have noise from my Ghost mount when changing direction and when hitting the foot power switch. I have observed play in the shaft and the brass bushings and sent a video to Lowrance showing the movement of the metal shaft in the brass bushing. They told me to take it to the closest service center which is 4 hours from my house. No way would I do that for some noise. I would rather replace the worn parts myself. I have over 100 trips on the motor. I would caution against lubricating the breakaway knuckle. I had to replace my Fortrex knuckle 2 times in 5 years after heavy use due to noise. The knuckle spring lost some tension and the silicon spray made the noise worse.

I have been dealing with this since February. I posted several videos and posts. The most helpful thing i did was put the fuzzy part of velcro where the motor sits into the mount. Both parts are painted and the paint was worn off. I would not spray any silicone, as mine now pops like the shaft is trying to pop out of the ball or the ball trying to jump out of the socket after spraying silicone. Mine has been replaced once. But after 2 weeks it started doing the same. Its really bad when i change directions at 180 degrees. Very loud pop. The higher the speed the worse it is. There is way too much play in the shaft also. I put a stretchy tape on mine, helped a little. Sad i had to put velcro and tape on a $3000 troller.
    2019 Basscat Lynx
    2019 Mercury 250 Pro XS 4s
    SN: 2B586555

As far as taking it to the dealer, i refused when they told me to. When i called the dealer, he told me that he hadnt worked on one and that he'd have to take it out and test, then order parts, then fix it. I said no way. Another authorized dealer never even callrd me back.
    2019 Basscat Lynx
    2019 Mercury 250 Pro XS 4s
    SN: 2B586555