Thread: WELDS CRACKING

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesslk View Post
    Yea, there was a lot of unknowns on the guy that beached his boat into a bunch of boulders. That story only had one side that is for sure. Haven't heard a peep from the owner since on any of the Vexus pages.

For the record I did not beach my boat on boulders. On July 29 2019 I updated my thread with the outcome if you would have bothered to look. Figured my update was good enough.

2. Member
    It’s funny how some guys want to blame the boat owner.Aluminum boat you should be able beach with out a weld cracking .Or if it cracked on the lake . .125 hull Thicker to weld to and stronger.I like these boats but .100 hull is the big draw back.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy Seahawks View Post
    For the record I did not beach my boat on boulders. On July 29 2019 I updated my thread with the outcome if you would have bothered to look. Figured my update was good enough.
    Wasn't' referencing you. Personally I was talking about the owner whose hull looked like it was drug over rock pier, it had a massive dent just below the bow hook. If I recall correctly you didn't beach your boat but was on the outside of the rocks and the wakes/wind kept pushing your boat up onto the rocks? No?
    On the flip side, there have been owners post cracks with a perfectly clean hull. Just as any aluminum boat manufacturer will experience. Avid already had a cracked hull on one of their new boats. No tin boats are immune to this happening.
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesslk View Post
    Wasn't' referencing you. Personally I was talking about the owner whose hull looked like it was drug over rock pier, it had a massive dent just below the bow hook. If I recall correctly you didn't beach your boat but was on the outside of the rocks and the wakes/wind kept pushing your boat up onto the rocks? No?
    On the flip side, there have been owners post cracks with a perfectly clean hull. Just as any aluminum boat manufacturer will experience. Avid already had a cracked hull on one of their new boats. No tin boats are immune to this happening.

My apologies. No mine did not have a dent in the hull, and I didn't realize someone else had experienced a cracked hull. Yes, I did beach my boat with the help of a Long Creek Marina employee (but not on boulders) and yes my boat keep getting pulled back into the water as I was trying to pump it out.

5. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Didn’t tracker marine take care of these problems with the avalanche or did the have problems also?

6. Member
    Whoa, that looks pretty bad.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123