Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Like I said in my post I’m in Florida for another month after my registration expires in KY and seems I can’t renew it by mail. My county is Boyle I figure they’re system is not set up to process by mail just a guess.

2. Member
    I had my previous boat registered in tenn and I live in Virginia I only fish Virginia like 5 time a year and it was already registered in tn when I bought it so I left it that way.. trailer had to be registered in Virginia tho..

3. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DAC244 View Post
    Like I said in my post I’m in Florida for another month after my registration expires in KY and seems I can’t renew it by mail. My county is Boyle I figure they’re system is not set up to process by mail just a guess.
    Callaway co had instructions on renewing by mail on the tax bill.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

4. Member
    I have boats registered in Georgia and Florida also have the Florida boat federally registered for protection against impound from other countries. Bahamas in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by DAC244 View Post
    I was just told yesterday I couldn’t renew it by mail. I will call and ask again maybe she thought I was asking something else.
    Renewed mine by mail the past two years.

6. Member
    Since Illinois recently raised all tags\fees, trailers and vehicles, look for more of this. My boat and utility trailer, before this year, cost me $18 a piece. This year, $118 a piece. That's not a typo. I understand raising the fee's, not that much, in one year. A jump like that will definitely have people registering out of state, or - if you have multiple trailers, only plating one trailer and swapping the plates.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skunked again View Post
    Since Illinois recently raised all tags\fees, trailers and vehicles, look for more of this. My boat and utility trailer, before this year, cost me $18 a piece. This year, $118 a piece. That's not a typo. I understand raising the fee's, not that much, in one year. A jump like that will definitely have people registering out of state, or - if you have multiple trailers, only plating one trailer and swapping the plates.
    Why do you guys continue to live in a place like that?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by #1MagicStick View Post
    Why do you guys continue to live in a place like that?
    Both my wife and myself born and raised here. She's lived here her whole life, all but 4 years for me. Our kids are now in highschool and college. Having our parents and family around has kept us here. Once I retire, we plan on moving out of this state.
    Wife is now retired, she went back part time, making as much money. I have 11-15 more years, depends on our finances at that time.
    There's alot of good paying jobs here.
    Up until this virus crud, wife was against moving out of state. Now, different story! Her eyes have been opened! !

9. Member
    This happened in Kansas a lot before the property taxes were lowered. Many people registered them in Oklahoma for lower taxes. According to Kansas law as long as the boat is not kept in Kansas for 60 straight days they do not have to be registered here. Your state may have different laws.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12