Xpress Skiff 185

Anyone have experience with these boats...
    I’m looking at buying one.. it comes with a 4” hydraulic jack plate and has an option to upgrade to a 6” ... I plan on getting the 115 hp engine.. would there be an advantage to getting the 6” jack plate?

2. Member
    I have one, and love it!! I have always bass fished a lot, and would always go down to Louisiana to fish the marshes once or twice a month. I hated taking my bass boat down there! So I looked for a boat I could do it all from and had owned an Xpress H18 for a few years and loved it. So I ordered the skiff without even laying eyes on one in person. Best choice ive made. It handles rough water as good as my H18 did, I couldnt believe it. The ride is great and there is a ton of storage in the boat. It will draft about 7" with two people and gear. Poles very easily. I have the 115 and the 6" Atlas JP. With two people, full gas, I can get on plane in about 1.5 ft of water and top end is about 43-44mph, Just me I can run 47 MPH. To me its just a great all around boat. Two of my best buddies have loaded out bass rigs, so when tournament fishing I hop in with them unless its a small fruit jar or something. IMG_6346.jpg
    2016 Skeeter ZX 190 Yamaha 175 SHO Lowrance electronics

3. Member
    I see you have the sea dek is it very durable?

4. Member
    oh yea. I wouldn't buy it without it. It adds a lot to the boat for appearance but is very functional. Cleans very easily, and has held up extremely well for me. When walking on it barefoot, you can really tell the amount of cushioning it gives which in my opinion is alot.
    2016 Skeeter ZX 190 Yamaha 175 SHO Lowrance electronics

5. Member
    Ok thank you.. by the way that is a good looking boat!!