VA fisherman looking for some suggestions

Hey guys,
    I currently live in VA, been here my whole life. Been dating a woman in Dallas area for a while now doing the long distance thing since we both travel a lot (except since Covid). Finally took the trip down for 8 days a week ago. Anyway, she has two elementary school age boys that like to fish, Ive taken them out some during VA visits. I would like to figure out areas to take them within an hour of DFW, and really haven’t been able to figure it out. Short of pulling my boat down there, any suggestions? I looked at the Private Waters fishing club, but that is kind of expensive. I even thought about buying a used aluminum boat or something similar to use for a while, as I am looking to relocate after I sell my small farm I hunt on. I could sell the boat later, when I get mine there. I am wondering if there are any other fishing clubs with ponds or something of the sort. DFW is much bigger area than I’m used to. I looked to see if any lakes rent bass boats, but haven’t found that either. My next step may be to just hire a guide, but with 3 of us and a guide that would be crowded. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Todd

I have only fished Lake Lewisville in the DFW area. It was early spring, so there were only us tournament guys out there. I'm sure all the lakes in that area get crowded during the summer. The wake boat traffic can get insane near big cities in the summer months.

Hiring a guide might be your best bet if it's just one or two trips. After that, it might be better to buy a small boat there. I'm not real familiar with that area, so I can't give the best advise. I think Bob still lives up there. Maybe he will chime in shortly.
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225

You could try the Lewisville fishing barge and You can always find pontoon boats for rent on Lewisville. Other than that I'm out of ideas.

Dallas area lakes are a zoo this time of year, especially Lewisville and Grapevine. There are several places that rent boats on Lake Fork - 60 miles from Dallas. J & J Marine, Emory, TX does if I remember correctly, or they can point you to someone that does. You didn't say what kind of fishing, but there are Crappie guides on Fork that could handle 3 or 4 people also. Striper fishing with a guide on Lake Texoma is also a lot of fun, too Catch a lot of fish and the guys won't get bored, and have the opportunity to catch a big one - Kraig Brabson, 254-979-3231. Take the girlfriend too, she would probably have a blast!
    Last edited by Texas Larry; 06-04-2020 at 08:59 AM.

5. Member
    Thanks guys, I’m a bass guy, the oldest boy likes bass fishing the best but they both like to catch anything that swims. I saw White Rock Lake in DFW where we could rent kayaks. May try that. A fishing club with access to a few ponds would be nice, they have some of those type clubs here. If I can get a few places to go that would be fine. We will try it out. Thanks for the suggestions.