Thread: Waypoints

Waypoints

Is there a way to share your waypoints with having two different boats? Is entering the coordinates the only way to do this? Thanks
    2015 Ranger RT188 (white) * 2015 Etec 115 * Minn Kota Fortrex #80 * Humminbird Helix 12 MSI GPS G3N @ Helix 12 G4N on bow * Humminbird Helix 12 MSI GPS G3N at console * M360-MEGA Live
    Blue Water LED Red Deck Lights, LED White Light in Rod Box & Trailer Backup Lights * V-T2 Live Well Vents * Lew's Rod and Reels. Cool Foot pad on t/ motor .

2. Member
    Export. Then import. SD card 32gb or less.

What I’m wondering is if I remove the SD card from the pontoon boat and I Install it into my unit on my bass boat and hit import will it just add the waypoints that’s not already on the bass boat unit? In the beginning, I took the SD card from the boat and imported it to the pontoon units so I could still have my waypoints when using the pontoon. So I ended up marking waypoints on the pontoon that I would like to use on the boat also. Hope this makes sense. Just trying to keep same waypoints on both boats.
    2015 Ranger RT188 (white) * 2015 Etec 115 * Minn Kota Fortrex #80 * Humminbird Helix 12 MSI GPS G3N @ Helix 12 G4N on bow * Humminbird Helix 12 MSI GPS G3N at console * M360-MEGA Live
    Blue Water LED Red Deck Lights, LED White Light in Rod Box & Trailer Backup Lights * V-T2 Live Well Vents * Lew's Rod and Reels. Cool Foot pad on t/ motor .

You can only have one MATRIX folder on a memory card.

So you Export from one unit to a blank card, and load that to the other unit.
    Then the Format the card, put it back in the other unit and Export its data, and load that to the first unit.
    Both unit will have the same data at the same time.

OR you can put a card in each unit, Export each unit, swap cards to load the data to the other unit.
    Both units will have the same data at the same time.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Thanks Mr. Wayne, just to make sure we are in the same page. I have two units on pontoon with both having SD cards in them. The bass boat has two units both with SD cards. I add waypoints to pontoon when using and same way with the boat. So you’re saying I can remove a card from one boat and install into the other boats unit and hit import and it will keep all the original waypoints in that unit and just add the newer waypoints from the other boat?

Quote Originally Posted by Sammiew View Post
    Thanks Mr. Wayne, just to make sure we are in the same page. I have two units on pontoon with both having SD cards in them. The bass boat has two units both with SD cards. I add waypoints to pontoon when using and same way with the boat. So you’re saying I can remove a card from one boat and install into the other boats unit and hit import and it will keep all the original waypoints in that unit and just add the newer waypoints from the other boat?
    It is not that simple with four units.
    First of all with two units on one boat with different waypoints, they are NOT copied to the other unit, just Displayed on the other unit via Ethernet IF you have them linked. So you have to get both of them the same before loading all that data to the other boat. UNLESS you want to do the Export separately 4 times.
    You can have the same waypoint number for several waypoints when their co-ordinates are different when multiple units are involved unless you rename them as they are created.
    Duplicate waypoints with the same co-ordinates won't happen so when you import to another unit, you will adding just the ones that are different.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

I see now what you’re saying about having all the different units. Sounds like a pretty complicated ordeal. Thanks Mr. Wayne