Thread: Boat icon

Boat icon

was out with a friend yesterday and noticed he didn't have the boat icon turned on to show what direction his livescope was pointing. we went through the compass calibration and it came on but wasn't always pointing the correct direction. Sometimes would be as much as 90 degrees off. What did we do wrong?

2. Member
    got same problem 106sv , and ever time I drop mine in I see a huge tree with no damn fish around it and there aint never been a tree in 3 miles of where im at no way someone put that much brush in this lake they would need a ship to haul it out here, bad thing is I cant find tree with my HELIXES AND I KNOW THEY WORK
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

Mine would always point dumb probably magnetic interference from the trolling motor, so I started the calibration again but canceled out to remove the icon.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

4. Member
    worthless function IMO. Turned mine off
    2023 Triton 18TRX
    2023 Mercury 200 Pro XS
    80# Ultrex IPilot Link
    Helix 12 Mega SI & Garmin Livescope w/ 1242XSV GPSmap

5. Member
    Mine is never oriented correctly either.
    2023 Lund 2075 Pro V Bass XS
    2023 Mercury Pro XS 250 4S

With a heading sensor mine always points the correct direction now. Has to do with GPS trying to figure out what direction your boat is pointed and not very good at it if not moving pretty good I think.

I’ve got the Garmin Steady cast heading sensor... boat icon was still not accurate... turned off on all units
    "When My Ship Comes In, I will Probably Be At The Airport"
    USAF Retired