Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    So JR19 and I did my seastar teleflex system in about 30 minutes, maybe 45. Got all the air out of the closed system and didn't spill a drop. The bubble purge system works great and I could see that no air was left in the system. You can see the air moving through the system via the clear tubes and gravity does come into play but the turning of the wheel is pushing the fluid through the system. So you are not waiting on gravity to work its magic. As you turn the wheel fluid moves through the system and the high point (vent) is at the fill point where air will escape.
    I have bled breaks in automotive applications and hydraulic systems in pumps and calibration systems in the past. The bubble purge system was easy, quick and clean.
    Gene, thanks again for sharing the kit (and fluid) you purchased.
    2003 Stratos 185, Yamaha V150LTRB, Tempest Plus 25P

I ran a long hose from bleeder to helm with hole in bottom of bottle and just recycled as I turned .. done this on several .. works real well!

3. Member
    Exactly

4. Member
    I believe you & Gene jinxed me because mines leaking now.

Les you know pretty close to where I live...just contact me and we will arrange a time for you to swing buy and purge the air from your system. Best I recall you are in construction and have some downtime in the winter. My schedule is crazy now until Christmas but after the first of the year it opens up. Just contact me if you want to purge the air from yours. Plus my offer to test spin two of my three Raker's still stands.

6. Member
    The bubble Purge is a great tool to have

2016 Triton 20 TRX Patriot, 250 PRO XS
    Shawn Willoughby

7. Member
    Bubble Purge for the win....They also sell a powered purge deal if needed also
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

8. Member
    Just a note for reference, the Bubble Purge G2 worked great on my UFlex system also, with ORB fittings. 16' hoses
    1.7 helm, took less than 1 quart of fluid, and no spills.

I broke down and bought a bubble purge set up from Amazon and a quart of seastar fluid. Les, if I'm closer to you drop me a note and you're more than welcome to use my setup and fluid. I'm retired so wide open to timing. I live just north of Harrodsburg off of 127
    2003 Stratos 185, Yamaha V150LTRB, Tempest Plus 25P

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12