Thread: Day on the Lake

Banned

Day on the Lake

I guess I just need a day or half a day of fishing. Live in Anderson about 3 miles from Green Pond. I have fished for 25 years so no babysitting is needed. Just a day of fishing. If anyone has a back seat open, I would be very interested. I'll kick in plenty for gas and Lunch. I'm 63 and have fished tounies for the last 25 years. Please send me an IM if anyone ever has a back seat. I'm retired so mid weeks are no problem.

2. Banned
    Gotta say, you guys in South Carolina are about the most Unfriendly fisherboys I have ever run across. Hope you're really are not that way on the water.

Yeah, they are

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tracer1 View Post
    Yeah, they are
    Sorry to hear that.

5. Member
    You originally posted June 2, 9:24 PM, then 21.5 hours later you draw a negative conclusion? Many don't even read during the week. You are not setting yourself up to get any help.

6. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Swing by Lake Hartwell Fishing and Marine and talk to the crew up there. They may be able to hook you up.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by John Jackson View Post
    You originally posted June 2, 9:24 PM, then 21.5 hours later you draw a negative conclusion? Many don't even read during the week. You are not setting yourself up to get any help.

Many do. There were 58 views with 0 response. Not setting up for anything. It was obvious. Still is obvious by someone else's response as well. So Jonny, Just keep your head down and fish, I hope your NOT one of them that the other poster admitted was a Problem on the water down here. Guess I'll just stick with Golfing. Thanks ChampionNman, You seem to be very honest and down to earth on things.

8. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    I hate Boscobel. If you get a chance play Chickasaw love that course. Quite a few nice courses in the area. Don't give up on them.

9. Banned
    Thanks, played Stone Creek and Pine lake so far. I heard Arrowhead is a fun course as well. I've heard mixed reviews on Boscobel. Why do you feel that way? My understanding is they put a lot of money into it and the greens are really nice now. Isn't Chickasaw a lot of up and down?
    Last edited by lakeporter65; 06-05-2020 at 09:11 AM.

10. Member
    I viewed it cause of the title I'm not in your area just curious of a day on lake ,I'm sure most of your views were same , lake murray has a senior club that has no boater draws fish every 3rd Thursday of month. long drive

11. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lakeporter65 View Post
    Thanks, played Stone Creek and Pine lake so far. I heard Arrowhead is a fun course as well. I've heard mixed reviews on Boscobel. Why do you feel that way? My understanding is they put a lot of money into it and the greens are really nice now. Isn't Chickasaw a lot of up and down?
    Boscobel just eats my lunch, can't score there at all, guess it just got in my head. Chickasaw is a neat course and yep is up/down, Laid out similar to Pine Lake. I do like Pine Lake. Stone creek is different moving the tees over to make it an 18 hole course. I like Brookstone, Cobbs Glen is also a nice course. Fox woods is another 9/18 hole course out Fair Play way, it's before you get to Chick. Some real nice courses in the area.

same here, I like Mark was just browsing around, Mr lake porter65 the southern members in S.C., GA and NC are the friendliest guys you'll meet. I'm sure they will be more that welling to give you a day on the lake. It might take a little getting use to your harsh, pushy Northern demeanor. Give it a little time for the good southern living to rub off on ya and you'll find great friends here . If not …....well..... BLESS YOUR HEART!

2006 RANGER 519VX
    200HP MERCURY OPTI-MAX
    Sole member of " THE FISHERMEN FOR LIFE" a fisherman that knows one can make the difference!!

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank A View Post
    same here, I like Mark was just browsing around, Mr lake porter65 the southern members in S.C., GA and NC are the friendliest guys you'll meet. I'm sure they will be more that welling to give you a day on the lake. It might take a little getting use to your harsh, pushy Northern demeanor. Give it a little time for the good southern living to rub off on ya and you'll find great friends here . If not …....well..... BLESS YOUR HEART!

NO!!! Bless your heart...