G1 Solix vs G2 Solix Mega+

Wayne,
    I have 3 Gen1 Solix si units. After looking at your side by side images of the 360 & Mega 360, it got me to thinking about the differences between the Solix units. Do you have any side by side image comparisons of a Gen 1 Solix si & Gen 2 Mega+ unit. Those Mega 360 images are incredible and I'm curious if the differences are as drastic between the different Solix units.
    Have a Blessed Day,
    Mike

Do not have SOLIX G2 units. BUT my comparison is between 360 and MEGA 360.
    A first generation SOLIX will not run a MEGA 360 but the difference would be the same between the two 360 versions.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    The image differences between your 360 units look like night and day to me. I always thought the Gen 1 360 images were good but after seeing your images of the new 360, they don't seem to even be in the same ball park. I don't have a 360 unit but was just curious if the SI & DI image differences between the Solix units is as drastic as the image difference is between the 360 units. I'm guessing the Gen 3 Helix Mega + image would be the same/similar as a Gen 2 Solix. If that is correct, do you have any side by side images of the same structure between a Gen 1 Solix & Gen 3 Helix Mega+. Just tossing around the idea of upgrading to the Gen 2 Solix units.
    Have a Blessed Day,
    Mike

Same part of a creek channel I use from unit comparison:

SOLIX MEGA SI

Helix MEGA SI+

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Member
    Thanks a lot. That's what I was looking for. There is definitely a difference but doesn't seem to be as big a difference as there is between the 360 units. I can see the difference in the sharpness but the Gen 1 still has pretty dang good image. This makes the decision to upgrade a tough one. Thanks again
    Have a Blessed Day,
    Mike