New Solix is wooping me.

Couple questions guys. Just swapped from helix to solix. So far I’m in love. Just a few hiccups. On my lakemaster it shows contours but for whatever reason it won’t actually show depth numbers. Navi’s ice does but lakemaster doesn’t. Is there a setting I have that’s turned off or an overlay or something?

second thing is I have a helix 9 do gen 1 networked to a solix 12 MSi G2 via network cable. Direct. No hub. Both units have ip addresses but cannot see each other. Both units have latest software. I can’t see the solix from the helix and vice versa. What am I missing here???

The Zoom level determines how close together the depth numbers are.
    You can change the Contour Interval in the Chart Option setting.

What are you expecting to "see each other"? Waypoints are the ONLY thing that are shared.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Waypoints is all I wanna share but that’s not working. By not seeing each other I was referring to the network tab. In the network settings the app nits don’t seem to be connected with each other.

Waypoints share automatically when connected, there is no setting for it that I have ever used.

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

sorry for picture size. but as you can see no depth numbers. I removed the card from the Solix and installed in the Helix and i was receiving numbers. I know I am missing something just cant figure out what it is.

8. Member
    I see no pics.
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

there showing up for me.lol weird. I used dropbox to host them. let me try again

10. Member
    Both units need to have the latest software for them to share wayward points

Both units have up to date software. The units are sharing waypoints now. IDK what i did different but today they seemed to work. Now just have to figure out this lakemaster thing.

12. Member
    In chart screen, chart options, humminbird settings, base, select 2D. If it is selected, select Ariel, then 2D. Clear out and check to see if you have depth numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by I fish 4 Bass View Post
    In chart screen, chart options, humminbird settings, base, select 2D. If it is selected, select Ariel, then 2D. Clear out and check to see if you have depth numbers.

That did it. Thank you so much. Now if I can figure out why my si keeps freezing up after i make a run with the big motor. Crazy just the SI is affected DI, sonar, and chart work fine. Im thinking it might be a networking issue. Gonna unplug network cable and see what it does.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lsufan334 View Post
    That did it. Thank you so much. Now if I can figure out why my si keeps freezing up after i make a run with the big motor. Crazy just the SI is affected DI, sonar, and chart work fine. Im thinking it might be a networking issue. Gonna unplug network cable and see what it does.
    Not sure. I would go in settings general and turn global off. Then each section of each page you have 2 sonar Global’s and 3 gps globals to turn off. Bob did a great piece on it in past. Don’t know if that will help or not as you are networking Solix to helix. I have 4 Solix...as Wayne told me...”you’re gonna have a lot of fun”. Love the Solixs though...just a lot to learn

Quote Originally Posted by I fish 4 Bass View Post
    Not sure. I would go in settings general and turn global off. Then each section of each page you have 2 sonar Global’s and 3 gps globals to turn off. Bob did a great piece on it in past. Don’t know if that will help or not as you are networking Solix to helix. I have 4 Solix...as Wayne told me...”you’re gonna have a lot of fun”. Love the Solixs though...just a lot to learn
    I will give it a shot. Thanks for all the help.

So had it out on the water today. Its is deff a network issue between the new Solix and my old Gen 1 Helix. When I disconnect the network cable SI no longer freezes up. Guess its time to upgrade the bow unit. lol

17. Member
    If you have other items on Ethernet(ipilot etc.) It may not be the Helix. Unless you disconnected at the helix.

Only thing i have networked is the new solix and my gen1 helix. I have been disconnecting at the solix to test theory.

19. Member
    That makes it simple then. Even the turning off of global settings could affect that situation. Might be a good idea to try that and see if the Helix being on or not is the problem. I have been in Solix for a time and I still turn all the global settings off to avoid confusion and am only connected to my ipilot since Onix no longer talks to it. I don't need all the automatic stuff to happen on it's own. I guess it about control.