Where to mount LS transducer.

I would like to know the best place to mount a LIvescope transducer and why do you think that way is better. I have seen this posted before but they didn’t really expand why they put it on the TM or the separate pole and what type of structure they fish. Whether they fish shallow bodies of water, deep open bodies, brush piles, docks etc. Do you mostly long pole or do you cast out beyond 45-50 ft at a targeted fish to swim the bait by the fish. Just would like more info on why you would mount it a certain way. Thanks

2. Member
    I mounted mine on a separate pole since I constantly use my gps anchor (spot lock) on my TM. If it was on the TM it would never be pointing where I want. I can point it exactly where I want to cast or move it incrementally if I can’t see my lure. Fish depths 3’-40’.

3. Member
    Thanks Mikear, do you notice when your casting out 30ft or so having to stop reeling to move your transducer pole to relocate your Do you think that may cost you some bites when moving your pole?

4. Member
    Hard to tell, I’ve only had it around a week. When jigging for crappie I don’t feel it has cost me any bites. If the bite is that hot, I’m probably not looking at the LS anyway. I exclusively use my TM remote instead of foot pedal so I would have to stop reeling to adjust that anyhow. If you are mostly fishing bass and rarely spot locking to use the LS, I think mounting to the TM would be just fine as long as installation directions are followed.

5. Member
    Ok I don’t have a spot lock yet but I do plan on getting one. I don’t fish for bass just crappie and brim. Not very good at it yet just learning all I can. Thanks

6. Member
    If I was fishing hard core tournament bass or just hard core bass fishing,, I'd have it on the troller. Other than that, I'd have it on a pole, moveable from the bow to amidships by the console... guiding, the same.

7. Member