Replacement Throttle Control Assembly

So this was something normally I would reach out to Ranger parts for, which I did. But with them no longer carrying parts for my older Ranger I thought I would ask here. My '94 Intruder had it's throttle control replaced with some cheap one by the previous owner when he converted it to a hot foot throttle. It's starting to actually come lose from it's overall assembly and can sometimes be troublesome to get back from forward into neutral without some persuasion. Which makes approaching the dock gently a super fun time haha.

Either way, I'm looking to replace it. I called Great Lakes Skipper by recommendation from Ranger Parts and they didn't really have a good answer outside of calling Evinrude. How do I go about even finding out what throttle/shifter assembly will work? I called a local dealer down the road and they said the new style Evinrude shifter should work fine but it's $450. If that's the only option, then so be it. Just thought I would ask the board first.

Thanks!

Also my motor is a 1994 E150GLERA.
    1994 Ranger 482VS Bass Masters Classic Edition #51

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    I think you’re on the right track by contacting an established Evinrude dealer. Another recommendation is to post on the BBC Evinrude board. If you like, I can copy your post over there.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio