Indian Lake Bass Tournament last weekend

My buddy fished a tournament on Indian lake last weekend. He had a bit of bad luck with his connection between the braid and fluorocarbon leader. Cost him some money. He did post some results and his day on the water I thought I'd share. Might help someone going out to see what he was getting bites on. I use a Alberto knot and I think he does too. Thinking maybe too big on the line and was catching the rod eyes.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/fish...20-t13700.html

2. Member

https://www.youtube.com/user/tacklewarehousecom

trying both of these both easy to tie and working great!!
    Last edited by mactlman; 06-02-2020 at 08:17 PM.
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

Red Phillips Knot. I'm going to have to try that one. Thanks for sharing.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbass201 View Post
    Red Phillips Knot. I'm going to have to try that one. Thanks for sharing.

the second video also has a good knot that is easy to tie

https://www.youtube.com/user/tacklewarehousecom
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

5. Member
    Sounds like a pretty good day..minus the break offs. I use the uni to uni knot for braid to mono/flouro. Use it on all my rods besides my big swimbait rods. The smaller eyes might have had something to do with it too.

Definitely going to try that first one for sure. I passed it along. Great stuff. Thanks for the info guys.

7. Member
    Will have to give the Red Phillips knot a try

8. Member
    What size guides do you have on your rod? As a custom rod builder I will never use anything smaller than size 6 running guides when building a rod for someone that will be tieing braid to a leader. When I tie a Alberto knot I will not cut the braid next to the knot. I leave it just a little longer to protect the knott as it goes through the guides

Quote Originally Posted by clearwater View Post
    What size guides do you have on your rod? As a custom rod builder I will never use anything smaller than size 6 running guides when building a rod for someone that will be tieing braid to a leader. When I tie a Alberto knot I will not cut the braid next to the knot. I leave it just a little longer to protect the knott as it goes through the guides
    I'm not sure what size he was using. Good tip on leaving little extra braid hanging out.