A heads-up from Springfield this morning

Ranger community:

I have received word today that a policy/planning statement from Ranger will be forthcoming this week, specifically with regard to parts availability and delivery. In a nutshell, parts ordering through the dealer network is intended as a stopgap measure only, with a planned conversion to an online system for consumer ordering. Some challenges must be overcome before this conversion can take place, including compliance with the Wayfair Act, which involves collection of sales tax on internet sales, as well as some states’ prohibitions on direct sales from manufacturer to consumer. Thus, there may be a period of weeks or months in which parts orders through dealers is required, but that isn’t and shouldn’t be construed as the goal. As previously, the goal and commitment is to have all parts available at Ranger for boats 15 years old and newer. As soon as I receive an official statement, I will post immediately.

Best regards,
    John C.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

That will be awesome when and if it comes to fruition, however 15 years isn’t all that old of a boat anymore. Wonder how 2004 boats and older will have parts availability?

3. Member
    Thanks John!
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

Many are saying they are back to taking orders for parts in Flippin today.

5. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodman View Post
    Many are saying they are back to taking orders for parts in Flippin today.
    If so, that’s the quickest “temporary” I’ve seen!

Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    If so, that’s the quickest “temporary” I’ve seen!

7. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    That will be awesome when and if it comes to fruition, however 15 years isn’t all that old of a boat anymore. Wonder how 2004 boats and older will have parts availability?
    What I was told, Dean, is that this goal or policy has not changed. Ranger’s goal is to have *all* parts available for boats 15 years old or newer. After 15 years, parts availability will continue through the same suppliers as previously, with some parts possibly declining in availability if those suppliers discontinue production. As most of us know, fairly recently there was a shortage of touchpads for older Rangers so equipped. Ranger negotiated with an aftermarket supplier to pick up production of this item, which was a relief to those 2000-era owners.

8. Member
    That is good news, thanks jc2bg. Might I suggest you change the title of this thread, as I almost didn't read it, then was thinking you were referring to the Sprinfield company which manufactures Pedestals and bases. Maybe "Update on Ranger Parts Ordering by Consumers?"
    2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D

9. Member
    So can I call and order from them now?

10. Member
    Will this sight deal withparts that are under warranty?

11. Member
    It would be nice to put your serial number in and order parts for older boats, people use the internet more to shop. As for warranty parts, I don’t know, seems like you would need to talk to someone. I view this as a positive change for Ranger.

12. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdw2920 View Post
    So can I call and order from them now?
    1 guy posted on here that he ordered parts from Ranger today, for what that’s worth. You can try the number I posted last week, or go ahead and call any one of the dealers with a superior reputation. I’m not from the southeast, but for a dealer to drop-ship parts to your home, they don’t need to be in your home state. Some examples are Angler’s Choice, Jet-a-Marine, Pro’s Choice, and all of our 3 dealers here in Ohio have an excellent reputation for service. I can’t answer whether you will be able in the future to go to a Ranger parts web site and click a box to have warranty parts sent to you. That scenario might be possible, in some circumstances and with some parts, but is more complicated than an order that just requires you to find the part on the site and type your card information.

Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    What I was told, Dean, is that this goal or policy has not changed. Ranger’s goal is to have *all* parts available for boats 15 years old or newer. After 15 years, parts availability will continue through the same suppliers as previously, with some parts possibly declining in availability if those suppliers discontinue production. As most of us know, fairly recently there was a shortage of touchpads for older Rangers so equipped. Ranger negotiated with an aftermarket supplier to pick up production of this item, which was a relief to those 2000-era owners.

Rangers if taken care of, tend to last a long time.

14. Member
    ^^ your spot on Dean!

15. Member
    Thanks for new information John

Thanks John!

17. Member
    They have not had dash panels for my 2004 519vx for at least 5 yrs and said they won’t have them again. So dont count on them having all parts for boats 15 yrs and newer.

Thanks for the update
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

19. Member
    The one thing I hope Ranger does not discontinue is their seats. I would like to order a bench seat for an 03 185VS in about a year. That’s the one thing on my boat that I really don’t want to go to an aftermarket part. My 02 cents worth.