Z7 weight vs boat lift capacity

I just picked up a 2015 Z7 / 150 Merc Pro XS and was hoping to use my existing boat lift by swapping out the pads for bunks.
    I would much rather spend the $3K for a new lift on an upgraded trolling motor or screen.

Lift is rated for 2400 lbs, and I'm having a hard time determining the actual weight of the boat to know if the 2400 lb lift is adequate.

Listed dry weight is 1650, does this include the motor or not?

Boattest did a Z7 video and listed the estimated weight with two passengers and half tank of fuel at 2624.
    A full fuel tank I need to plan for would add 120 lbs. So I'm really close but don't know what the two passengers weighed in their test so having a hard time determining actual weight. Safest thing would be to take it to a scale but that's not really feasible for me to weigh the rig with and without the boat on it.

Boat is pretty much stock with 24v Maxxus motor. Just a couple insignificant Lowrances adding to the listed weight.

Can anyone help me out?

1650 is hull, motor, batteries, trolling motor are extra. 2600 sounds right, I would bet 2600 is close enough to 2400 for your lift, just don't put any kids underneath it.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3. Member
    If you live close to a landfill or other commercial scale, you can likely just drive onto the scale stopping the tow vehicle OFF the scale, extend the jack down to remove tongue weight from the tow vehicle, and then your only unknown would be the trailer itself. Maybe recheck the math on the full fuel tank, mine holds 45 gallons at around 8 lbs/gal.

Gas is closed to 6 pounds a gallon, water is 8 pounds a gallon.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

I would drain the fuel tank, take all tackle out, and possibly batteries. Not a fan of operating at the capacity of anything.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

It depends on the lift type. Is it a floating bladder lift? Or a hanging cable lift? If it is a floating lift I'd say you are going to be fine. A hanging lift may be an issue if you get any high winds to add to the perceived weight.

7. Member
    Ended up getting a 3000 lb lift and sold the 2400 lb... erring on the side of safety. Hewitt cantilever.

8. Member
    Hi, I don't want to hijack your thread but your thread is timely as I just picked up a 2015 Z6 and looking to redo my existing lift or replace. What led you to the Hewitt lift? most everyone around here has Shoremate...