Garmin Force - Did I make a mistake?

I like the features but have yet to feel nearly as comfortable as my old cable steer.

It is squirmy, very sensitive, and a bit unpredictable. Also, I have almost thrown myself out several times already. Biggest one was bending over and hitting the remote button to turn on prop.

Last and most of all...THERE IS NO LIGHT ON THE HEAD UNIT. I have no idea where the head unit is pointing in the dark.

VERY DANGEROUS!

Last night I snagged near shore and I thought the head was pointed rear but it was actually forward. Hit the prop on and almost ran into the rocks.

Not happy they didn't think about something so common, simple, and important.

I'll be adding some glow in the dark tape.
    Last edited by Rmc949; 06-02-2020 at 09:55 AM.

Do those LEDs on the mount blind you at night or can you turn them off

3. Member
    You can adjust the tension on the foot pedal so it's not so sensitive.

Retired Grass Grower

ROCK CHALK

4. Member
    Foot pedal had a screw it was already set to the tightest tension. There was no play to make it tighter.

When you lift your foot up sometimes the pressure will turn the head. So then when you go back to head is not where you left it. Never really had this problem with cable steer.

5. Member
    There's and Allen head screw you can adjust it take very small moves to tighten it and it feels right turning it
    Last edited by 2dwoods; 06-03-2020 at 04:47 PM.