HDS Live 20.0 Software

Would anyone happen to have a copy of the 20.0 software update version released prior to the most recent Version: 20.0-63.1.291 which is available now? Thanks in advance!

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vols146 View Post
    Would anyone happen to have a copy of the 20.0 software update version released prior to the most recent Version: 20.0-63.1.291 which is available now? Thanks in advance!
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Jc?usp=sharing

3. Member
    Thanks I appreciate it!

4. Member
    You can usually get it from the lowrance site as well, just replace the end numbers to get the build you want.

ftp://software.lowrance.com/HDS_Live...Standard-1.upd
    2020 Triton 206 Allure
    Mercury 250 Pro XS 4S Serial # 2B642047
    Bravo XS 22p @ 4.5" PTP
    Minn-Kota Terrova 112 w/ IPilot
    Lowrance Ti2 12" Console
    Lowrance Ti2 9" Bow
    Lowrance Point 1
    Standard Horizon GX2350S
    Shakespeare QC-8 Antenna

5. Member
    Great information thank you guys!

6. Member
    Just be careful. One poster from Russia says he has info that with some new hardware that was added last year, the Live units cannot be set back a software version. I have no idea what would happen if you try but I'm pretty sure bricking for this reason wouldn't be covered under warranty.

NoCAL

check this post http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....=#post11147101
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoCAL View Post
    Just be careful. One poster from Russia says he has info that with some new hardware that was added last year, the Live units cannot be set back a software version. I have no idea what would happen if you try but I'm pretty sure bricking for this reason wouldn't be covered under warranty.

NoCAL

check this post http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....=#post11147101
    Here is this document. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PlW...ew?usp=sharing

Some of our appliance owners have already encountered a problem. On chartplotters made after November 2019, it is not possible to install the previous update.

8. Member
    Thanks again. Useful info. Looks like it won't hurt the unit but you won't be able to roll back. Although that is something I've never seen the need to do, alot of people like to do it.

NoCAL
    2B112175

9. Member
    The units have a "Factory date stamp" which can be seen in System, About. It's not possible to load a software which has a release date before "Factory date stamp". The "Factory date stamp" is the production date of the unit. It's introduced to avoid people loading non functional software. When a component becomes obsolete and is replaced by another often the low level drivers or something else in the hardware near software will have to be modified. Only software versions released after this modification will have these software changes. So the limitation that no software older than "Factory date stamp" can be loaded is a good thing, it stops people loading incompatible software which will cause malfunction and in worst case a "bricked" unit.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vols146 View Post
    Why would you want to roll back? I ask because I haven't updated to the most recent 20.0 software but I did do the the original 20.0 update about a month ago.

11. Member
    That's what I don't understand either.
    2B112175

12. Member
    I try to keep a copy of each update just in case after past update issues with the HDS Gen 3’s. Just to clarify I have not had any issues with the most recent update to the Lives.

13. Member
    If you use a computer and save the download, it will remain in your down load file, until you delete it. Just copy it from the down load files to your chip and install the chip with the update into the unit. After you upload the software update, you can delete it from the chip and just keep using the same chip, for all of Lowrance's software upgrades.
    "Semper Fi"
    USMC (ret)