Garcia last Sunday

We took a couple boats up to lake Garcia this past Sunday. Water is down and shallow in the NE corner of the rim. Fishing was ok, nothing big 3.5 biggest on pop-r. I think if it wasn’t so hot and shallow we could have done better. This was all of our first time on the lake, ramp is real tricky for me. Backed the boat way in and it was still out of the water.

2. Member
    What size boat? Will there be any problem putting in a full size bass boat?

Quote Originally Posted by gambler1 View Post
    What size boat? Will there be any problem putting in a full size bass boat?
    We had our classic there in May, no issue at the ramp. Fishing was, Meh.........

Stayed at the Lodge, the new owners are super nice!
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

4. Member
    18’ and 21’ Boats, just weird that you have to back in past your rear tires.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill2e View Post
    We had our classic there in May, no issue at the ramp. Fishing was, Meh.........

Stayed at the Lodge, the new owners are super nice!
    Where is the Lodge? Good place to stay? Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by webdude View Post
    Where is the Lodge? Good place to stay? Thanks!!
    I'm a fool - we were at blue cyress - just a berm and seawall away.............

We stayed at the Old Middleton's Fish Camp. They were good and right on the water.

https://www.facebook.com/BlueCypressLakesideCabins/
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

We stayed at the Old Middleton's Fish Camp. They were good and right on the water.

I was wondering lol... thought maybe a last min change I missed :).

8. Banned

Super nice people but the lake SUCKS. Shallow and a mudfish haven. Stay at the rooms and fish somewhere else!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Manatee Mauler View Post
    Super nice people but the lake SUCKS. Shallow and a mudfish haven. Stay at the rooms and fish somewhere else!
    Shallow? The whole lake averages 12+ with the water low, not sure why your saying that. Also the lake is far from sucks, caught many great bass there. It;s probably the most beautiful lake we have in the state with zero development.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknemo View Post
    Shallow? The whole lake averages 12+ with the water low, not sure why your saying that. Also the lake is far from sucks, caught many great bass there. It;s probably the most beautiful lake we have in the state with zero development.
    When we were there, 2 ft was on the reed line and NO offshore grass of any kind. What good is 8 - 10 ft if it is barren like an under water desert, 1/4 mile offshore? I scanned it with side imaging looking for anything in the deeper water....nothing. I was stuck numerous times trying to get behind the grass trying to fish isolated pads. Caught way more muds than bass. Liked Garcia much better... tons of hydrilla and vegetation. Was there a week and never caught more than 5 or 6 in a day. Saturday caught 4 and Sun 2....yea it sucked. Lake fished small on top of that. Pretty lake though, just it sucked for bass. There is no comparison when compared to the fishing on Rodman Reservoir or Kissimmee Chain.
    Last edited by Manatee Mauler; 06-08-2020 at 12:01 PM.

11. Member
    LOL, Well it can be a tough lake for sure if you dont quite know how to fish it, low water is actually the best time as it pulls the fish out of jungle. Lots of wood and stumps on the northern half out in the deeper water from all the cypress trees, thats where you should of spent most of your time, grass lines are only good when at normal pool. Plus there are miles of the big M canal that always has fish. I've had numerous 30+ days there.

12. Member
    Well, I finally went to Garcia. My report such as it is. Ramp was fairly shallow but no problem loading or unloading. Only 3 other boats fishing, a couple of airboats doing tours. I looked at google maps as my map card didn’t show anything but the outline of the lake and just general interior hardlines??
    I just decided to fish what looked decent. 3rd cast and I hooked a darn good fish on a frog that I proceeded to lose... caught 11 on a frog, nothing over 4 lbs. Wind died and it got Hot and Humid. Caught 3 on a Big EZ. Started pitching and caught 10 as well as missed a couple. Called it good at 2:30.
    overall a decent trip but just one big fish bite. Lots of Grass, great to see that as I fish Okeechobee most of the time. I ran around looking some and trying to learn and repeat what I had found.
    My concern was the bass themselves, big heads and small bodies. No sores or beat up fish but they didn’t look healthy at all??? The small bass looked good but the ones over 2 lbs looked starved....
    will definitely go back and try them again..