Ghost calibrating

Ok, so stupid question. I have never actually done the calibration on my Ghost and it sometimes "hunts" when I hot anchor. So how "big" of a circle needs to be made for this? The instructions are like 2-3 degrees of turn, but not really what speed it should be on, or how big of a circle that comes out to. Im going to try this next time on the water and see if that will help me on anchor. Once its finds its center it seems to stay put, but sometimes if will go back and forth, side to side a lot before it actually stays put.
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

2. Member
    It’s not really a size as degrees per second. I did the circle in 2-1/2 minutes with the the trolling motor, my best guess was that the diameter of the circle was somewhere around 70’.
    Last edited by MI bassassassin; 06-01-2020 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Added info

3. Member
    Thanks, just actually found a video of someone doing it. I thought it has to be pretty precise, but after watching it, it was pretty much like you said, not really that big of a circle...I guess I was over thinking this and trying to figure how many degrees, speed and size of circle lol...I did the bow offset and that seemed to helped, so I hope doing this will help the anchor feature lock in quicker and easier.
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

4. Member
    Use the outboard motor to make the circle.

5. Member
    Outboard like i did