If you had to pick one...

I am heading to the West side of the state to visit in-laws this weekend and got permission to take the boat. If you had to pick one lake on a Saturday, would you pick Gun Lake or Gull Lake. Looking for quantity and not so much quality.

Thanks in advance.

2. Member
    Instead of looking to find which lake to fish, I would be looking for a new wife if I had to get permission to take along my boat. LOL

I haven't fished either of those, but they do have pretty clear water from what I have heard. I have fished Paw Paw and Pipestone over that way. Both of those are decent lakes in the Kalamazoo area.

4. Member
    I would choose Gull for quality, quantity, and a "little" less busy with pleasure boaters. But Gun you can launch for free at State Park and there are plenty of bass to be caught. Gull will cost you $10 to launch if that weighs in your decision.

5. Member
    Normally I would say going west and fish the Grand River bayous. The largies should be done spawning by now and getting back to a normal pattern. But with the water level so high right now, I'm not sure if you can even get under the bridges for Pottawattomie or Millhouse.

If you like shallow fishing, do Gun. If you like deep, clear lakes like the ones up by Charleviox, do Gull.

6. Member
    Thanks for the info. As always you guys are the best.

My one buddy has been fishing Barton over that way. He said he has been able to avoid the crowds and has been getting plenty of bites. He said the size has been lacking the last few outings, but there were some good ones earlier in the spring.
    Here's his trip from last weekend.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/fish...01.html#p90870

8. Member
    My vote is the Grand River and Bayous, but if you don't have a lot of time to decipher, it can be overwhelming. I would pick Gull over Gun...

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleJ1929 View Post
    I would choose Gull for quality, quantity, and a "little" less busy with pleasure boaters. But Gun you can launch for free at State Park and there are plenty of bass to be caught. Gull will cost you $10 to launch if that weighs in your decision.
    I 2nd this, ive fished both multiple times and I concur.