Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RFeyoMN View Post
    There's smallies in Waconia?
    No

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilermakerZ519 View Post
    its all a pecking order in terms of preference...I personally have never heard any walleye fishermen call smb a trash fish.

Also, if you believed this to be true...then saying this on “BASS” boat central seems to be a bit misplaced. They are an amazing fish to hunt, fight, and catch.

anywho....

to the OP...use the DNR lake finder. On this page you will find a map that shows the geographic location of where smallmouth have been surveyed.

https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/fishing/bass/index.html

Mille lacs is your best bet for trophy smb. Might be some decent places to stay around garrison or just north of there. Good luck.
    You fish Mille Lacs much? Because if you did you'd hear all about how the smallmouth are ruining that lake and how they need to be killed when caught. I've heard people saying that multiple times over the last couple years. The only fish that matters in MN is the almighty walleye. Tough to see as a bass fisherman.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drscholl14 View Post
    You fish Mille Lacs much? Because if you did you'd hear all about how the smallmouth are ruining that lake and how they need to be killed when caught. I've heard people saying that multiple times over the last couple years. The only fish that matters in MN is the almighty walleye. Tough to see as a bass fisherman.
    Yes I do but my issue is that I may lack the historical perspective. I’m on ML a lot but only the past three years. And I love targeting SMB. I think walleye pop may be more about the sustainability of the lake with respect to climate change. Walleye are a cold water fish and our steadily increasing temps is impacting the water temps and subsequently the whole food chain. SMB might be filling the void but I am not sure it is the root cause.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilermakerZ519 View Post
    No
    That's what I thought. I don't fish there anymore, but never seen one in the past.

5. Member
    do not go to koronis.... lake has been fishing terrible the last few weeks... smallmouth are hiding and largemouth arent large... could go all day and not have a fish over 2 lbs in your boat.. me personally id steer clear.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12