Hds live 12/ 3D StructureScan not working

Hi all,

Just got my new boat. Ordered with the StructureScan 3D went out and the StructureScan does not work and I can’t see the 3D listed under devices. I have depth but as soon as I get on plane I lose depth so it seems like the transducer is working. It’s a hds live that I’m trying to use it on. Is there something I need to do to enable the structure scan?

It is recommended that the accessories are wired through a switch
    Since this is a new boat is it possible you didnt have the switch turned on?

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

3. Member
    Go to the Structure page and check that the source says Structure 3D plus some numbers. The module will not be listed on the Device List. That is for NMEA 2000 networking.
    NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jtef270 View Post
    Hi all,

Just got my new boat. Ordered with the StructureScan 3D went out and the StructureScan does not work and I can’t see the 3D listed under devices. I have depth but as soon as I get on plane I lose depth so it seems like the transducer is working. It’s a hds live that I’m trying to use it on. Is t something I need to do to enable the structure scan?
    If I recall it correctly,setting,advanced, choose features and make sure the structure scan and 3D option is checked. Might worth a try.

5. Banned
    You can check to see if its being recognized by going to settings/system/about/support/check for updates. This will list all devices on your network, NMEA and Ethernet, and the current software versions.

6. Member
    Thanks guys! Appears as I did not have it turned on.

7. Member
    So after further inspection looks like the triton factory put in a 3 in 1 transducer, my side imaging/down imaging still isn’t working. Any suggestions as to why? My dealer is suggesting that the transducer may be bad

8. Member
    So instead of 3D it’s an AI 3in1? What channel is it connected to? It needs to be connected to Channel 2 (black). On the Settings, Sonar menu Multisource needs to be turned on and Channel 2 should list the 3in1 automatically. On the Structure page the source should say This Unit. I doubt a brand new transducer is bad.

NoCAL
    2B112175

9. Member
    That’s what it appears to be is 3 in 1. I doubted a brand new transducer was bad. I’ll try your suggestions and report back. Thanks for the help

10. Member
    Ok so I snapped pictures of the transducer, the cables and what I’m getting on the StructureScan. Can’t figure out how to post them. I can email them if someone can help out. Getting frustrated that a brand new boat wasn’t setup and ready to go

11. Member
    What is your MFD software version and ss3d module Are you updated your system last time?

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoCAL View Post
    So instead of 3D it’s an AI 3in1? What channel is it connected to? It needs to be connected to Channel 2 (black). On the Settings, Sonar menu Multisource needs to be turned on and Channel 2 should list the 3in1 automatically. On the Structure page the source should say This Unit. I doubt a brand new transducer is bad.

NoCAL
    do not doubt that a new transducer could be bad. First 16 I got from them had a touchscreen issue. The replacement would not run 3D even in demo mode. How could he mistaken the Ethernet port with Channel2? Bad transducer is nothing for them, it is like a company policy :-)

13. Member
    I think we've established he has a 3 in 1 (still not sure about that). Now we need to know what channel it's connected to, whether Multisource is turned on, Channel 2 auto detects it, and the source is set correctly on the Structure page.

NoCAL
    2B112175

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoCAL View Post
    I think we've established he has a 3 in 1 (still not sure about that). Now we need to know what channel it's connected to, whether Multisource is turned on, Channel 2 auto detects it, and the source is set correctly on the Structure page.

NoCAL
    Multi source is on, channel 2 is on but on the structure page it doesn’t let me select the source. I have pictures of what I have. Can I email them to you

15. Member
    Ok a photo of the back of your unit, the Structure page, and the Sonar Settings page would be helpful. Send me a PM and I'll give you my phone number to text them to me.

NoCAL
    2B112175