Anyone had an aluminum trailer built?

Looking to possibly have an aluminum trailer built for my intimidator. If anyone has had one built or knows a good trailer company and is willing to share info with me I would greatly appreciate it. I got a quote from ameritrail today and I almost dropped my phone when I read the price. They start at 5k with ibeam frame, galv wheels, cheap fenders and no steps at the fenders. Basically by the time you make it look nice with stainless fenders, wheels, lights, etc. you’re 7k pushing over 8k. It just sounded crazy to me.

I could understand if i if I had a brand new 100k boat but I couldn’t understand having a trailer that is almost what I originally paid for my boat.

2. Member
    Prices have gone up . I had 1 built by Ameritrail 2 yrs. ago for a 2200.

3. Member
    ^ sorry fat finger. Anyway it was $5200.00 with I beam, custom wheels,tie downs,stainless fenders. They used my steel Gambler trailer for a pattern. Nice trailers..

Had Ameritrail build me a 4in C channel aluminum one on a 2100 I had about 5-6 yrs ago. I paid somewhere close to 5k.. Stainless fenders, nice wheels, led lights. Nicest one I've ever had from them in the 8 I've ran. The fit was PERFECT. In fairness They had my boat at their factory and built the trailer right under it. I think that is why everything was so precise. The new ones I've had that came on new boats from Gambler were decent. They mounted the winch on my Sterling trailer a bit crooked which drove my ocd insane. Seems most things in boating have gone WAY up since. Hell some boats prices have doubled since 07.
    Being you are in Florida i would DEFINITELY take your boat to them if you decide to deal with them. I can also understand you not wanting to spend almost 8k on one if that's close to what you paid for your boat.
    24’Bass Cat Puma Sts-300 Proxs
    23’Gatortrax Gt tunnel hull-200 Suzuki

5. Member
    Yea I was expecting around 5 for one built with stainless fenders and the works but I was way off. I asked if they still built the steel trailers. Salesman told me he’d find out and get back with me but never did so I’m taking that as a no

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mtaylor17 View Post
    Yea I was expecting around 5 for one built with stainless fenders and the works but I was way off. I asked if they still built the steel trailers. Salesman told me he’d find out and get back with me but never did so I’m taking that as a no
    Call back ask to speak SCOTT the owner tell him which model you have ,ask him what he can do for you....

7. Member
    I have a aluminum I-beam trailer on my 06 2100. Its painted black and matches the boat. I really love the trailer!

8. Banned
    Just two weeks ago Amera Trail completely refurbished my steel trailer. Had it powder coated, new LED lights, new stainless fenders and vortex bearings for 3,960.00. While I was there I got a quote for a new alum trailer for the hell of it and for everything with out brakes the price came to 8,000.00.
    My boat is JR Britts old boat, its a 2000 2100. Matter of fact, I sent him some pics of the "almost new trailer" a few days ago. Actually the day I picked it up I sent him the pics

Quote Originally Posted by Manatee Mauler View Post
    Just two weeks ago Amera Trail completely refurbished my steel trailer. Had it powder coated, new LED lights, new stainless fenders and vortex bearings for 3,960.00. While I was there I got a quote for a new alum trailer for the hell of it and for everything with out brakes the price came to 8,000.00.
    My boat is JR Britts old boat, its a 2000 2100. Matter of fact, I sent him some pics of the "almost new trailer" a few days ago. Actually the day I picked it up I sent him the pics
    thats not a terrible price for all the parts and sand blasting and Powder coating

10. Member
    Who is building the aluminum trailers for the new Gambler owners?

11. Member
    Check B&S trailers in reddick fl Having one built for my ranger right now Great people and will build it anyway you want