Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I don't do pay pal but still get **** PayPal requests all the time trying to get my info . I don't buy or sell used equipment from individuals , just not worth the hassle .

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddy View Post
    I sold a programable controller for $90 on Ebay the 17th of April. A week later I get return request from ebay that the item was not as advertised since it didn't have a programing cable. The ad clearly stated that the programing cable that could be seen in one picture was not included. Since he filed as not as advertised, you have to take the item back per Ebay's rules. (I just learned that crap) Well he keeps the item until the 26th of May and then mails it back. Before it even get here for me to refund his money (no choice, thanks Ebay) he has his credit card company reverse the charges on his purchase. So not only did he get his money back because he changed his mind. I am out shipping both ways and a $20 charge back fee because he couldn't wait for the item to get here to screw me out of some more money.

So far I am out $36 for sending the SOB the item discounted and exactly as advertised. I have only had trouble 3 times on Ebay since 2008 all three times have been transactions in California. I don't think I have even sold ten items that were shipped there. I think I will block sales to California from now on. I know some great people from there, but they seem to have more than their share of real winners.
    You should open a case on the buyer as eBay will ding his account. Especially if you listed it as Open Box and disclosed the missing cable. After a small amount of dings his account will be closed. I sell tens of thousands on eBay and have experienced about 6-8 buyers requesting returns using the damaged/defective option. All sellers need to be aware that some buyers will swap out new items with old/damaged/defective items and request a return. Another scam is that buyers are contacting sellers claiming damaged/defective because some sellers will just send a refund to the buyer without having them return the item. Sellers do that to save the cost of the return, reduce the chance of negative feedback and to keep Top Seller ratings. The buyer then has a perfectly good item and gets a full refund. I will never issue a refund until I receive the item back in the condition shipped and not worry about the $5-$10 shipping label for the return. If you pay for a return label and they never ship the item you will receive the money back if you ship via USPS. Over the last 8 months I've had 90% of those requests closed because the buyer never returns the item.

Quote Originally Posted by Roddy View Post
    I sold a programable controller for $90 on Ebay the 17th of April. A week later I get return request from ebay that the item was not as advertised since it didn't have a programing cable. The ad clearly stated that the programing cable that could be seen in one picture was not included. Since he filed as not as advertised, you have to take the item back per Ebay's rules. (I just learned that crap) Well he keeps the item until the 26th of May and then mails it back. Before it even get here for me to refund his money (no choice, thanks Ebay) he has his credit card company reverse the charges on his purchase. So not only did he get his money back because he changed his mind. I am out shipping both ways and a $20 charge back fee because he couldn't wait for the item to get here to screw me out of some more money.

So far I am out $36 for sending the SOB the item discounted and exactly as advertised. I have only had trouble 3 times on Ebay since 2008 all three times have been transactions in California. I don't think I have even sold ten items that were shipped there. I think I will block sales to California from now on. I know some great people from there, but they seem to have more than their share of real winners.
    Ebay sucks donkey nuts. You have his address....go to Ruindays.com Send him a nice glitter bomb. You'll feel better.

4. Member
    evilbay I sty as far away from that site as I can. Over priced feels for sellers lot of jerk buyers. Started out good now it sucks.

5. Member
    You can lodge a dispute for this transaction with Ebay and indeed, you should.
    You can prove the Item was listed as advertised ie without the programming cable.
    You can lodge the dispute as a Seller via Paypal as well if Ebay doesn't come to a party.
    The Paypal provides a Seller protection, however I am not too familiar with the details.
    Also, you can live chat with Ebay and ask of what your options are to be reimbursed for this transaction.
    And yes, I am aware that Ebay is leaning more favourably to Buyers than the Sellers.
    Good luck anyway.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve j View Post
    You should open a case on the buyer as eBay will ding his account. Especially if you listed it as Open Box and disclosed the missing cable. After a small amount of dings his account will be closed. I sell tens of thousands on eBay and have experienced about 6-8 buyers requesting returns using the damaged/defective option. All sellers need to be aware that some buyers will swap out new items with old/damaged/defective items and request a return. Another scam is that buyers are contacting sellers claiming damaged/defective because some sellers will just send a refund to the buyer without having them return the item. Sellers do that to save the cost of the return, reduce the chance of negative feedback and to keep Top Seller ratings. The buyer then has a perfectly good item and gets a full refund. I will never issue a refund until I receive the item back in the condition shipped and not worry about the $5-$10 shipping label for the return. If you pay for a return label and they never ship the item you will receive the money back if you ship via USPS. Over the last 8 months I've had 90% of those requests closed because the buyer never returns the item.
    This ^

7. Member
    I still buy on Ebay but have about quit selling because of things like this and increased shipping cost.

8. Member
    Ive used ebay for 6-8 years and only 2 issues both were items not showing up which i got refunds

9. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Atomic View Post
    You can lodge a dispute for this transaction with Ebay and indeed, you should.
    You can prove the Item was listed as advertised ie without the programming cable.
    You can lodge the dispute as a Seller via Paypal as well if Ebay doesn't come to a party.
    The Paypal provides a Seller protection, however I am not too familiar with the details.
    Also, you can live chat with Ebay and ask of what your options are to be reimbursed for this transaction.
    And yes, I am aware that Ebay is leaning more favourably to Buyers than the Sellers.
    Good luck anyway.
    I have done all the above. I did get my return shipping and final value fee refunded.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

10. Member
    I do not sell on Ebay anymore because of this. I did, at one time, thousands of dollars a month with them. I quit for a while and started back up selling a few things during the 2008/2009 downturn. I had a set of 1st gen Paslode battery nail guns. I clearly put in the description that the framing nailer needed a striker. Sold them for buy it now, seller gets and immediately files complaint. I fired back and said it stated in listing it needed repaired. I was out both ways shipping and all fees. Took over a month for the guy to send back guns but by god he had his money from me. I did not recover any fees after filing a complaint. On top of that, I actually had two Paypal accounts. Did not use on for about a year and tried logging into it and could not access it. I called and they said that after all personal info I gave them, I was one number off on bank account and they would not reset password. They basically duped me out of $70 that was left in there and closed the account. It was years before I used them again.
    1997 STRATOS 285 PE EVINRUDE INTRUDER 175

11. Member
    Ebay is a joke anymore for sellers. There fees have gotten outrageous and a buyer can get there money back on just about anything at anytime.

12. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billydonwon View Post
    Ebay is a joke anymore for sellers. There fees have gotten outrageous and a buyer can get there money back on just about anything at anytime.
    I agree, just some things I don't know where else to sell since I live in a rural area.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

13. Banned
    Do not sell anything on ebay but have made many purchases. Yes, have been hooked by a few(4-5) crooks over the years but ebay did what they normally do and everything ok in usually a day or so. No complaints here. Now dealing with local merchants is a very big difference so be prepared to get robbed.

I think I've told the story on here one other time, but I was selling my Hoyt bow on there a few years back. Put it up for auction with a reserve, the highest bidder at the end of the auction never paid. I filed a complaint with eBay (after they already collected their fees). Nothing happened. The guy is still an eBay member, there's still $17 in my credit account that I can't seem to find out how to redeem, I've called their "customer support" numerous times to get an answer and still haven't received one.

One of my good buddies had practically the same thing happen to him.

I don't use eBay anymore unless I absolutely have to. Facebook Marketplace is where it's at.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

15. Member
    Below explains a lot.

Shortly after PayPal's IPO, the company was acquired by eBay on October 3, 2002, for $1.5 billion. More than 70 percent of all eBay auctions accepted PayPal payments, and roughly 1 in 4 closed auction listings were transacted via PayPal

When I used it in the past, I always checked the buyer and seller ratings. ANYTHING under 99.0 I refused to deal with them. They used to have a way to block specific people just for that reason, but I think they have gone PC like everyone else.

I just had an issue resolve with PP for some Garmin stuff I bought, didn't know the ahole was in china. Sent me 2 covid mask instead. I reported him to PP with all the pictures and shipping papers and got my money back. Also turned him in to the FBI Internet Fraud and USPS for international mail fraud, and told PP I did, so maybe that's why I got my money back. But he is definitely a scam artist I found out but he's in a heap of crap now.

16. Member
    [QUOTE=Roddy;11150434.............................. ........................

So far I am out $36 for sending the SOB the item discounted and exactly as advertised. I have only had trouble 3 times on Ebay since 2008 all three times have been transactions in California. I don't think I have even sold ten items that were shipped there. I think I will block sales to California from now on. I know some great people from there, but they seem to have more than their share of real winners.[/QUOTE]

Be nice to Californians. Some here do not take kindly to bashing them collectively. I heard about a man that lived in C********a that was ordering shoes, boots to be exact, from eBay. He sent several of them back because the packaging was damaged on each pair and one shoe was missing. Funny, it was always the right boot missing. Investigators found out the purchaser only had one leg and used crutches. Guess which leg was missing?

17. Member
    I've have been given the shaft from Ebay about all I can stand. Just the other day, a customer notifies me of the package they received that the entire box was ripped down the side (USPS Flat rate). So now I had to refund their money and the Post Office is no help whatsoever. I've sold thousands of items and I'm to the point of just quitting because of this stuff. I have even extra packed items and over tape every box. Rant over

Benny Rigney

18. Member
    I used to ship a lot of pool cues to people I sold to on fleabay. Shipped in insured, delivery confirmation, and signature required. Only a couple instances over 6 years, and the post office told them, if you signed for it like that, it's yours! Quit all that and glad I did, only fix locals now and FISH! Sooner or later you will find that one special azzhole that does nothing but try and scam all he can from everyone he can - PARASITES

19. Member
    Seperate bank account for ebay/PayPal and always keep a $0 balance in it. I physically turn the account off to charges and deposits when I'm not using it.
    2022 Hog Island Skiff
    Johnson 70/40 jet

Bouncin' off rocks, and catching the smallies.

Potomac River Smallmouth Guide

Owner of Potomac Custom Tackle

20. Member
    I only use Ebay as a last resort. Since they became a publicly traded company their fees went up dramatically and their policies really screw sellers.
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha SHO 250

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast