Why are the time stamps on my sonar logs from 4 hours into the future?

I'm running carbons with software 18.3-61.1.155 networked through SS3D running 18.3-61.1.123. After I stop logging a sonar file and transfer it to my computer for storage, the time stamp that shows up in Windows explorer says it was created 4 hours later. The time is set correction on my carbons, and when I look at a waypoint on my units, it has the right time listed for when they are created.

2. Member
    What is the time zone set to on your computer? Is it the proper one?
    2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D

3. Member
    Mine does the same. Time zone matches PC. Did an upload using my phone as hotspot while on the water and still showed future time for sonar log when uploaded.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by piketroller View Post
    I'm running carbons with software 18.3-61.1.155 networked through SS3D running 18.3-61.1.123. After I stop logging a sonar file and transfer it to my computer for storage, the time stamp that shows up in Windows explorer says it was created 4 hours later. The time is set correction on my carbons, and when I look at a waypoint on my units, it has the right time listed for when they are created.
    The time zone is set correctly on my computer. This is the first problem I've run into with my units since I upgraded all the software versions to match last year. If this remains the only problem, I can live with it, but it still is annoying.

5. Member
    Maybe the timestamp of the logs is always in UTC +0?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by til View Post
    Maybe the timestamp of the logs is always in UTC +0?
    This may very well be the answer, as both MI (piketroller) and GA (Missile Pilot) are at UTC -4 during daylight savings time.

7. Member
    The interesting thing is that the time that the sonar log is started is in the name of the file, and it is correct. In November I’ll find out if changes.