Question Using a Hydraulic Jackplate

I have a 2005 Skeeter ZX225 with a Yamaha 225 HPDI on a 12 inch Slidemaster Jackplate. I am thinking I really would like to get a 12" Bob's Hydraulic Jackplate because I am currently running 2-300 rpms below what I would like for RPM at WOT, yet start losing grip in the standard 2-3 foot boat chop we get here in the afternoons. I don't want to raise it for WOT and make the blowout worse, yet also don't want to lower it and kill my top end.

I am hoping to get the "Action Series" so I don't have to make room in my bilge, would anyone recommend against this?
    How do you operate it on hole shot? Do you sink your motor for grip, then when on plane trim out all the way, and raise jackplate until I hit rpm goal or water pressure min?
    Also, while on that topic, is trimmed out all the way proper for wide open, or should you jack it high enough under normal conditions you are not trimmed all the way out, yet still hit your rpm/pressure?

2. BBC SPONSOR
    Action preferred for 99% of bassboats. 1 thing to note on the Bob's 12" plate, it includes a holeshot plate on the bottom standard!

For your best holeshot, the way bassboats squat when offplane, its really deep in the rear so harder for prop to spin up. So start with it up, and the second you hit the throttle, start dropping plate as well. So as the rear lifts, the prop is dropping so it doesn't blow out. Then once up on plane and going you can adjust to your best position for conditions/throttle.

Give me a shout with any questions and always happy to spend some time talking about the plates! 813-247-7040 ext 300
    Bob's Machine - Action Series Jack Plates - DeckPlugs - DeckSavers - QuickSlip - The Big D Trolling motor handle - Much more!
    www.bobsmachine.com

3. Member
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

4. Member
    Steve, I have a skeeter with wedges, an old Sportsman Powerpole on one side, and the factory ladder on the other. Would I need to worry about any hole alignment with my setup?