H20B Bay with 150 HP?

Can anyone with an H20B equipped with the 150 hp Yamaha comment on how the backend sits in the water. Does the extra weight of that motor in real life fishing weight with gear and people make the backend sit low? Any problem with boat wake coming over the back when slowing down?

2. Member
    I have an H18 with Yamaha F150. 6'' JP. 3 batteries in rear. 1/2 tank of gas it sits VERY low in the water. When I come off plane I give the throttle a bump just before that wave comes in...helps keep it on top and before it.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanJ View Post
    I have an H18 with Yamaha F150. 6'' JP. 3 batteries in rear. 1/2 tank of gas it sits VERY low in the water. When I come off plane I give the throttle a bump just before that wave comes in...helps keep it on top and before it.
    not that it is going to help that much, but trolling motor batteries are in console with only the starting battery in the back. I was afraid it was going to sit low. Would you do it again with a 150?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hbach View Post
    not that it is going to help that much, but trolling motor batteries are in console with only the starting battery in the back. I was afraid it was going to sit low. Would you do it again with a 150?
    For sure I would. Sits low but 150 is max on mine. Wouldn’t want any less!

5. Member
    Have a H20B, 10" jackplate, with a F150. Sits a little lower, but no issues. Water does not come over the back