Question Little Saint Germain Bass Fishing?

My brother in law just bought a cabin on the lake and I was curious if anyone has fished this lake before? We are heading up there for a week at the end of June and was curious if it is any good for bass?

2. Member
    I have been there several times. The main basin on "West Bay" is more deep and clear and has lots of LM and some nice SM. I have also fished South Bay a couple times and did well on LM. Overall size structure on LM is kind of lacking (at least for me) with a lot of 1.5-2 pound fish. Cool lake though and great one to get out of the wind if its' a big blow day. I think Big Saint just down the road is much better but wind can be an issue at times there.

I pretty much only ice fish it and that is fun

4. Member
    South Bay (portion out in front of Black Bear Lodge) are fun for dock fishing and fishing pads. Typically hit that part in the mornings then moved to West Bay later on and did with a drop shot on the weed lines for both SMB and LMB especially on the north shoreline of the bay. Did well fishing swim jigs in Lower East Bay as well. Fun lake with many good memories! Have fun and good luck.

5. Member
    Thanks for the info everyone!

6. Member
    Had a great week up at this lake last week. Overall fishing was decent. Most of the fish we caught were in the 12-16" range, and didn't catch anything I would consider big. Caught most of them either on a Tokyo rigged creature bait, 1/2 oz jig along the weedlines and caught a few on a frog. With the hot weather last week sure were a lot of boats on the lake. We did a bunch of swimming, waterboarding and tubing with the family, water temps were in the low 80's.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmastermatt View Post
    water temps were in the low 80's.
    Just curious, how many musky guys that you saw out on the lake? They usually won't go out once temps hit 80.

8. Member
    There was a decent number to be honest maybe 10% of anglers. I didn't go for muskie as I somwtimes do from time to time.