Parts order question

Just called Ranger parts, waited for 20 minutes. A nice lady answered and told me all parts must be ordered through a dealer which I kind of knew but figured I would give it a shot anyway. I guess my issue is since this is so, why don't they simply have a automated message on their parts phone number line simply stating that instead of having us wait for however long for a live person to tell us this?

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Try phoning 417-873-4555. That number worked for parts orders Friday.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

3. Member
    I called and ordered last week with no problem.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    Try phoning 417-873-4555. That number worked for parts orders Friday.
    No good. They will only help with 5 to 6 year old boat for part requests at that number, they said go to a dealer or to great lakes skipper.

5. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zpilot View Post
    No good. They will only help with 5 to 6 year old boat for part requests at that number, they said go to a dealer or to great lakes skipper.
    If that is true, and I am waiting for official notification, my advice to Ranger boat owners needing warranty or post-warranty parts shipped to their homes is to find and use the dealer who handles those transactions best. If it’s being drop-shipped to you, the dealer who fulfills requests swiftly and accurately could be anywhere in the country, near or far from your home.

6. Member
    I called a local dealer, order process was simple and the parts will be shipped to my home. My order is for some seat skins for a winter project. This was the 2nd dealer I called today. The first one took my info and said he would be back to me shortly, he has not replied yet. I did not have a good feeling about them so I called a 2nd dealer 4 hours later. They were great, they pulled up the Ranger parts order site while I was on the phone, gave him the hull ID and within minutes he found the upholstery section and order was placed. You are spot on John with your comment "find and use the dealer who handles those transactions best". To sum it up ordering through the 2nd dealer was just like ordering directly from Ranger parts like I had done many times over the years.

I called a local dealer, order process was simple and the parts will be shipped to my home. My order is for some seat skins for a winter project. This was the 2nd dealer I called today. The first one took my info and said he would be back to me shortly, he has not replied yet. I did not have a good feeling about them so I called a 2nd dealer 4 hours later. They were great, they pulled up the Ranger parts order site while I was on the phone, gave him the hull ID and within minutes he found the upholstery section and order was placed. You are spot on John with your comment "find and use the dealer who handles those transactions best". To sum it up ordering through the 2nd dealer was just like ordering directly from Ranger parts like I had done many times over the years.
    Who did you order from

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodman View Post
    Who did you order from
    Thayer's Marine.

I JUST got off the phone with Ranger parts after the nice lady from the 4555 number transferred me to the guy I usually talk to in the ranger parts department. He informed me that as of today, we will have to go through the dealers. The dealers have access to the same parts system they use in the parts department and can find your parts referencing your serial number. He also side-noted that there will be a system migration and that part numbers may not match up until they work out all the bugs so to be extra careful to cross reference your part to the part number.
    Any orders made prior to today will be shipped from Ranger.
    united in the pursuit of bass.

Thayer's Marine.
    Thanks

11. Member
    Any way of knowing if the dealers will be adding mark up?

Thayer's Marine.
    That’s good to know since I bought my boat there.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

13. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerranger View Post
    Any way of knowing if the dealers will be adding mark up?
    I would think that the dealers already were receiving a lower [dealers only] price than you and I, so an upcharge would be unnecessary. However, in a nationwide ordering network, we’ll soon find out if some dealers are charging more than others. I have 3 Ranger dealers in my state. I expect them all to charge the same....

14. Member
    I called and emailed Ranger last week about parts and they replied by email to call my local dealer for parts. I called them last week and told them I need a front panel and a coin box for a 2004 521VX. They didn't call back so I called them today and when I finally got in contact with them the guy said he found out Saturday they no longer make or have access to parts for my model. I asked what he suggested I do about getting parts, he said try ebay. Any suggestions? I guess I'll call some more dealers tomorrow.

I really hope this isn't true. I called Thursday afternoon to order a new hub assembly and it was delivered to my door by FedEx on Sunday afternoon. (I didn't even know FedEx rand on Sunday!)
    2015 Ranger Z520c / 2015 Mercury 250 Pro XS

16. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    The last part that I ordered for my boat, in March, was called in to my dealer [Knox Marine, here in Ohio] on Monday and I received it via USPS the next day.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinnerb8 View Post
    I really hope this isn't true. I called Thursday afternoon to order a new hub assembly and it was delivered to my door by FedEx on Sunday afternoon. (I didn't even know FedEx rand on Sunday!)
    i think it is true,i stopped at a ranger dealer yesterday and the owner said they would be taken care of the parts now,not ranger

18. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    As posted in a separate [new] thread today, I have been informed that parts delivery strictly through the dealer network is a temporary measure while a completely new, online ordering system is developed. Stay tuned, and try to be patient. During this period, I believe it would help if we politely and diplomatically share information on dealers who do an especially efficient job of handling parts orders. There are a large number of wonderful, dedicated Ranger dealers throughout the country. Hats off to those who do it right!

19. Member
    I just called looking for a throttle/shifter replacement for my '94 and she directed me to Great Lakes Skipper and said they aren't carrying parts for my age boats anymore. That's a bit of a bummer I've been able to call them up for my older boat and get almost anything in the past.
    1994 Ranger 482VS Bass Masters Classic Edition #51

20. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Thank goodness there are excellent companies like GLS able and willing to efficiently handle these older [and incomplete] inventory lists. I learned recently that the parts list for just the Ranger boats 2005 to present entails more than 10,000 line items.