Can I lock a A60 actuator

Got a older Ranger with break system disconnected, just want the brake system to stop knocking when stopping, can some thing be welded inside to stop it from sliding or clunking ?

2. Member
    You really should just fix the brakes,tried towing a friends 520 with no brakes and it fried my truck brakes

3. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Intentionally disabling safety features is how lawyers get new cars.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

4. Member
    Put a bolt through the sliding part of actuator. When I bought my skeeter previous owner had done this. I wasn’t fond of it so I replaced the actuator, brake lines, calipers. Brakes worked excellent then. All the brake stuff is easy to replace or work on. And like said above it really is a good idea to have brakes.

Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    Intentionally disabling safety features is how lawyers get new cars.
    Mercedes! Get the darn brakes fixed before someone gets hurt and you get sued.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Since they were disabled long time ago all I need is new rotors, calipers, axle since they bent the flange taking off the calipers, might as well get new aactuator at this point, all new lines since they were butchered, solenoid too as boat is 2004, plus labor, around $1600, so probably a bolt in actuator is probably cheaper.

If I knew the trailer brakes were hacked that much before the sale, I would probably have walked away.
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

Quote Originally Posted by boatinpete View Post
    Since they were disabled long time ago all I need is new rotors, calipers, axle since they bent the flange taking off the calipers, might as well get new aactuator at this point, all new lines since they were butchered, solenoid too as boat is 2004, plus labor, around $1600, so probably a bolt in actuator is probably cheaper.
    So $1600 is above the value you place on your life and those around you...nice.�� Get your brakes fixed.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

9. Member
    $600 from ETrailer. Do it yourself. Its not getting sent to the moon...

10. Member
    If I remember right I had around 400-450 in mine. Replaced everything except the rotors. Very easy to do if somewhat mechanically inclined. The calipers were trashed, brake lines rusted out and actuator rusted up. I replaced everything with new. Bled them and has been working perfectly since.