Thread: Egypt rumors

Egypt rumors

I heard some rumors that Egypt was going to shut down the power plant. I also heard that they are going to change it to a private lake and let only land owners on the lake next year. Any truth to these?

2. Member
    The last I've heard was the plant was shutting down for sure sometime in October. The home owners association was supposed to be voting on making it a private lake only but haven't heard anymore on that other than it most likely wouldn't happen.

If they made that a private lake, I think I would buy a lot there.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5
    Garmim/Humminbird graphs and Talon

4. Member
    How would they be able to close the public Shawnee ramp in wagon , that's all state public ground. They pay ramps would miss out on a fortune, they are a cash cow

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bullet11 View Post
    How would they be able to close the public Shawnee ramp in wagon , that's all state public ground. They pay ramps would miss out on a fortune, they are a cash cow
    . Yep, I know Pyramid Acres put a lot into the place when they took it over. They would certainly be hurting along with Lake Tree motel as the only thing they service is the lake guests.

6. Southern Cross Crappie
    Plant is closing for sure. Hope we don't lose access to the lake, it's a helluva fishery.

Here is an article from local paper. Looks like the main coal generator going off line and the remaining natural gas and smaller coal generators to be used sporadically. https://thesouthern.com/news/local/s...35aeddcd5.html
    Enjoying life in Southern Illinois

8. Member
    Any update on making the lake private?

9. Member
    If sipc owns the lake based on that article how would it be able to be private ? I have never been there but have heard that it is heavily populated .

The only change I can foresee is colder water temps during the winter since they won't be running # 4 as much. SIPC owns the lake and the only alternative would be for them to turn it over to the state. There is a Lake Patrol boat that's out often and I saw an IDNR boat out Memorial Day weekend.

Each sub-division has its own HOA. You can find out more info at: www.LEAPO.com, which also has a link to SIPC lake rules.