2 live wells one switch?

So I bought a boat and had to replace both live well pumps....it only has one on/off switch. Can I run each pump separately if I install an on/off/on switch.....each pump on a different side of the switch? I only have the three wires running to the back so right now They will only turn on simultaneously.

2. Member
    Yes

If you run an on-off-on switch, you can only run one pump at a time, never both at the same time. OR, you can run BOTH on, BOTH off, or just ONE pump on and wouldn't be able to run EACH pump. You'd have to designate which pump. You'd have to install an additional switch to do what you're asking.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

4. Member
    Yes, or you can use the on/off/on DPDT switch and put one pump on one side and both on the other side by using a short jumper.
    You would be looking at the back of the switch, number the terminals as 1,2 on top, 3,4 in middle and 5,6 on bottom. Place pump 1 on terminal 6, pump 2 on terminal 2 and jump (using a "piggyback" connector) from 6 to 1. Hot input would be on 4.

John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

5. Member
    Thanks guys