Towing with jeep

Just got a 2015 Jeep Cherokee Sport Will
    i have any trouble pulling this boat
    it 1996 range 200 hp jeep motor 2.4L
    Any one doing this

Looks like your Jeep has a 2,000 pound towing capacity. Going to guess a Ranger with 200 on the back will be well over that.
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

3. Member
    A glass Ranger will be well over that limit, my aluminum RT188 with a 115 Was 2700 pounds lake ready.

4. Member
    4.0 would be ideal.
    I towed with my 1994 cherokee sport, no problem except for stopping.
    And I put coil over springs on.

99 Champion f/s w/a 150 hanging off the rear.

5. Member
    With only a 2000lb tow capacity you be Way over the limit. Your boat is about the same size as mine and I’m right around 3700lbs trailered with gear. If it was a grand Cherokee then you wouldn’t have an issue. I tow with a Dodge Durango that’s the same frame as a Jeep GC and couldn’t be happier.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

Quote Originally Posted by rude150 View Post
    4.0 would be ideal.
    I towed with my 1994 cherokee sport, no problem except for stopping.
    And I put coil over springs on.

99 Champion f/s w/a 150 hanging off the rear.
    1994 and 2015 Cherokees are completely different vehicles.
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

7. Member
    I had an 87, there went many SUVs out there then. I agree the new ones are not anything close to the 4.0 XJ’s. The new ones are really CUV’s. I pulled my old 1977 Hurst/175Rude all over with the XJ.

8. Member
    Do you feel lucky? You should have no problem towing. Stopping may be a bigger question.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fx20 2011 View Post
    Do you feel lucky? You should have no problem towing. Stopping may be a bigger question.
    he will have a problem towing and so will the insurance agency.. his tow capacity is 2000lbs while his boat is around 3700lbs trailered. That’s 1700lbs over the tow limit. If it was well within the tow limit then he’d have no problem Towing. SUVs are more than capable of towing a bass boat safely. All vehicles will be pushed when emergency stopping, even the BBC beloved 3/4 ton pick ups stopping distance increases while towing.
    1995 Ranger 481v

10. Member
    I'm pretty sure if you read an auto policy there is no exclusion for exceeding the towing capacity of you vehicle. Every insurance company has to follow the terms of the contract your auto policy. It also does not exclude stupid. An insurance policy can only exclude what is listed in the contract.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fx20 2011 View Post
    I'm pretty sure if you read an auto policy there is no exclusion for exceeding the towing capacity of you vehicle. Every insurance company has to follow the terms of the contract your auto policy. It also does not exclude stupid. An insurance policy can only exclude what is listed in the contract.
    that’s exactly my point, he will be over tow capacity and insurance won’t cover anything if he proceeds.. In your post previously you said “you should have no problem towing”. I stated that he did, now you’re proving my point haha
    1995 Ranger 481v

12. Member
    Lol and I didn't sleep in a holiday inn. There is none exactly none, exclusions for be stupid and exceed the towing capacity of your car, SUV exclusion. Ask me how I know. However you can get a nice settlement by suing your insurance company for declining the claim. It is a contract read the contract.

13. Member
    I should add causing an accident would bring you a world of hurt from the law. So i wouldn't do it.

14. Member
    Dude where are you seeing that someone said there’s exclusions or mentioned your sleeping arrangements?? The only person who said he would be fine towing it is you and then you’re the one who started the Insurance exclusion stuff. Everyone else literally said don’t do it and that it’s beyond the tow capacity.

its this simple. The OPs Jeep Cherokee can’t tow his boat since it’s over the limits.
    1995 Ranger 481v

15. Member
    Must be a New York thing, I must need glasses or learn better English. Pretty darn sure you stated insurance won't cover anything. So i sincerely knell ( kind of like my death in this thread) say I'm and swear everything is my fault which I think is expected from normal people.

In any event not a big deal everyone can do as they wish I will love on and take a better English class. Still love ya though.

16. Member
    Ah now I see where the confusion lies. I was misreading what you wrote. My insurance policy states if I tow over the limit they won’t cover anything in case of an accident. I apologize for the debate
    1995 Ranger 481v

17. Member
    We are cool. We both agree on the main point not a good idea to exceed the weight limit.