Instant Carpet Stain Removal

Well ended up with a silver dollar size black stain on my rod locker lid carpet. No problem I have a commercial carpet cleaning machine and chemicals to remove (ALMOST) any stain. Except that one. Got some of the darkness out but actually made it spread out a little. My fix for now is to install a carpet decal on both lids. ZDecals out of Georgia had some nice American Flags. 20200531_123828.jpg

2. Member
    Try hydrogen peroxide, let it sit for about an hour making sure it stays wet. Then use the carpet machine. Peroxide will separate what ever the stain is from the carpet fibers. If its tar use acetone on the stain first

Thank You I'm liking the flag colors with the boat but if I take them off I'll give it a try.

4. Cobra Boats Moderator Backlash Ar's Avatar

I thought I would be on Easy Street by now but somehow I missed the off ramp!

No Good tried it.

6. Member
    I usually keep a small bottle of hydrogen peroxide in the boat it saved me last week a friend spilled red dye everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by brushsjigs View Post
    Try hydrogen peroxide, let it sit for about an hour making sure it stays wet. Then use the carpet machine. Peroxide will separate what ever the stain is from the carpet fibers. If its tar use acetone on the stain first
    Do you happen to know if that will work for a small older oil spill stain?

8. Member
    Have a friend that uses shaving cream and swears by it. I have not tried it but have seen some of the stains he did and it was amassing how well it worked.

9. Member
    Barbasol shaving cream works wonders on carpet stains.

10. Member
    NAPTHA.

11. mikesxpress
    Tuff Stuff from Ya'll-Mart for all my upholstery and carpet cleaning/stain removal.

12. Member
    I use Dawn brand dish soap and a tooth brush. Work it in with a little water and let it do its thing, rinse with lots of water. I use my wet dry vac to suck up the water and the carpet is dry when i'm done. Works great!

13. Member
    Ammonia will take pretty much any stain out that I’ve ever had. A carpet cleaning guy showed me that little trick. It’s taken stuff out that nothing else would touch. I haven’t tried the Barbasol though and my son is their logistics manager