Thread: Jamie and Josh

Jamie and Josh

I want to give a shout out to Josh Hooks and Jamie Fajardo. Most have heard and many have said a prayer of thanksgiving that this team would not be a regulars on the tournament trail scene moving forward. In full disclosure both of these guys are personal friends. I coached Josh’s brother and his dad was my bench coach. Jamie and I first met fishing jerk baits on Harris. These two local boys combined the what they learned from fresh water and salt water fishing early, worked hard to develop their individual skills then coupled to put together the strongest bass fishing team this area has seen in a decade. I personal believe they surpassed the elite NC team statues of Mike Dinterman/ Dennis Reedy and Rick Olson/ Donald L?astname. You couldn’t beat them on Harris for the last couple of years then the winning spree grew to include Jordan, Falls and even Kerr. These guys were the best because they knew how to fish for large bags and did their homework. I’ve seen both of these guys out in their separate boats on the same day, for several days before tournaments prefishing. My hat is off to them. They were simply the best overall bass fishing team in this area. When people from an entire region know you by your first name only you have made a statement. The best example I can give you of their success is when they didn’t win or happened to not be high on the leader board was to hear teams say, “We beat Jamie and Josh!”; which as we all know was not very often! Kudos Boys!!!

Bill Manning

2. Member
    Are they not fishing any more?

3. Banned
    I would think so. They posted some pics where they were wearing them out the last few months. Jamie is a great guy and wish him the best. Just glad we met years ago and exchanged some info about Kerr lake or i would not know who he is. Go get' em guys!!!

4. Member
    Yep, house hold name in these parts, especially for us enthusiasts, I love seeing them at tourneys, and will take my claim of beating them only twice on harris but have took a butt whoopin way more than that from them.

Cheers to them as they love this sport as I do. Only one other person I like beating more than them is Neilslure.

what in the world...
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

6. Member
    Believe Doanlds last name was Williams..His old man could catch a big fish @ Harris ..Rick & Donald won Bojangles Pro-Am pts 1 yr & had around 405 pts out of a possible 420..Unreal!!

Quote Originally Posted by Borderman View Post
    Believe Doanlds last name was Williams..His old man could catch a big fish @ Harris ..Rick & Donald won Bojangles Pro-Am pts 1 yr & had around 405 pts out of a possible 420..Unreal!!
    I remember Donald and his dad. I think his dad used to run an old smaller Javelin. Man that dude could catch them on Harris especially in the summer. Donald was a great stick no matter what time of year it was. Rick and Donald were hell.
    Discipline is the key, if you can't hack it, pack it!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderman View Post

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jerkone View Post
    Those 3 took a pile of $ from u over the years..

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basswipe View Post
    I remember Donald and his dad. I think his dad used to run an old smaller Javelin. Man that dude could catch them on Harris especially in the summer. Donald was a great stick no matter what time of year it was. Rick and Donald were hell.
    Rick told me when Donalds dad died he lost interest in tx & sold a bunch of stuff & went to salt..sheepheads on the bridges...They caughtem everywhere they went with that flig...

Jamie and Josh are still signed up to fish the COLLINS Bass for cash trail....
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

12. Member
    Thanks for Donald's last name. His dad was the slowest worm fisherman I've ever seen.Let's just say that J&J are on their fairwell tour. Someone's returning to the Salt Life.

Quote Originally Posted by Chubbster Jr View Post
    Only one other person I like beating more than them is Neilslure.
    That's not a high bar to clear.
    Neil Eckberg- Cary, NC - 2008 Skeeter ZX250- 250 Yamaha SHO

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bbbill View Post
    Thanks for Donald's last name. His dad was the slowest worm fisherman I've ever seen.Let's just say that J&J are on their fairwell tour. Someone's returning to the Salt Life.
    Guess thats good for the Raleigh/Kerr Tx guys..Someone told me Jaime won a big Redfish tx last yr?? Idk..