On my boat I have a gen 1 HDS 7 at the console unit and a gen 1 HDS5 on the bow. Both have Lowrance maps . I have Navionics Hot Maps Premium East map cards in both of them. These cards are several years old. The Navionics card on the bow unit does not display any data, only a very generic outline of the lake perimeters and will show and share waypoints. The factory loaded Lowrance map works fine in this unit. I swapped the card from the console unit to the bow and it properly displays the Navionic Hot Maps data so I don't think the problem is the HDS 5 at the bow. It appears to be the Navionics Hot Maps card as it will not properly display data on the console unit HDS 7 either.

So my question is : Is this Hot Maps Premium East card toast or is there some way to restore the Navionics data to the card ? The card on the console has a micro ? chip/card inserted into the larger SD card but the bow unit card that is not working does not if that makes any sense or matters.

What say ye ?

I live in TN and primarily fish Old Hickory, Barkley, Kentucky, Center Hill, Pickwick, and Guntersville and occasionally some lakes in eastern TN. If I need to replace the card what particular card would be the best for me with these units ?