HDS 12 Gen 3 & 3D Structure Scan Module Software

Hi all. I have a Gen 3 unit and a new 3D structure scan module attached. Would like to get Fish Reveal working.

Here are my current software versions:

HDS3-12: Current Version 18.2 (Available version 18.2)

S3D: Current Version 2.0 (Available version 18.2)

Any advice on what would be my best versions? Just go ahead update the S3D module to 18.2?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

2. Member
    I had the same issue with my 3D module. The software was too old on it. Lowrance sent me the links where I can download the necessary files, in order to update. If you say you have 2.0 version you must have 57.1.207 on your screen as source. Then there is 3.0 then 4.0 and then you can upgrade to 18.2. The tech guy wrote that I need to put all the files on an SD card, and the unit will chose which version I need to upgrade. I hate this company with passion.

3. Member
    Thanks Tracker 50. I have 57.1.219 on the screen as source. Never thought about not being able to update from Version 2. I was mostly just wondering if it is a good idea. I have heard some say that they newer updates don't work as well as some of the older versions.

4. Member
    57 is the important number. God only knows how many versions they had with that number. 58 is 3.0, 59 is 4.0, 60 was 18.2.

5. Member
    Just talked with Lowrance. Now there is a version 20 for the structure scan module. Was told I could jump from 2.0 to 20.0 directly.....?

6. Member
    Not to high jack this one, but it seems you guys have some intell that I need, I had gen 2 10 non touch for ever, just picked up gen3 12 with 3d module structure scan. I take it out and hook it up, worked well, few issues, clear cursor kept coming up so i figure better upgrade software. so i uploaded version 7 for the gen 3, heard 18.2 causes issues so i didnt care for it, just wanted fish reveal. I also uploaded S3d 61.1.123 from here too and man that didnt work out. Structure scan was poo, i had no ability to control the freq, I also had no down scan. something tells me i need to dumb down the 3d, so logically I call Lowrance Canada, basically told me to throw out the gen 2 and update gen3 to latest software and and 3d, I said do you have the old upgrades he says no??. Honestly if the old stuff wasnt broken I will take that. Does anyone have a download i could grab that works with version 7 gen 3 that you think might work with a networked gen2. i just want to share maps and waypoints on the gen2.

7. Member
    That is exactly my fear Triton 205. I don’t want to install an update and regret it. I downloaded the software to my card, but I chickened out on uploading it to the unit. Wish someone would respond here with some encouragement or words of wisdom.

8. Banned
    You have to have a 2D (Sonar) transducer attached to the MFD to use Fish Reveal with SS3D DI. SS3D only has one frequency - 455Khz. SS3D does DI, SI and 3D only.

9. Member
    Don`t update the SS 3D past your HDS Gen 3.

10. Member
    Are there websites that have the older versions of updates?