Chirp through US2 on trolling motor

I have two questions regarding the minn kota US2 transducer built into the trolling motor. I have bought the adapter cable to run my lowrance HDS 9 Gen 3 through the US2 transducer. I am aware this is only a 2d transducer which is fine. I only use mapping and 2d sonar for depth and drop shotting on the front of my boat. Anyone know if you can run medium or high chirp settings for sonar on the US2?

This also brings me to the second part of my question. What is your guys preference for vertical fishing in 15 to 30 foot of water? 83khz (med chirp) or 200 (high chirp). I know with the narrower cone on 200 you can be more precise but it seems to be harder to keep your bait visible under the cone. Whereas 83 has the wider cone angle and therefore should be easier to see your bait.

2. Member
    You cannot CHIRP with the generic 83/200 US2. I’ve found 200 to be the best frequency but as you noted, you have to drop directly below the transducer to keep the bait in the sonar cone.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

Thanks NoCal. I have an HDI transducer as well that I can use if the US2 doesnt give me the detail on 2D that I am looking for. In that case I would just use it as a backup or possibly remove the HDI when I go coastal fishing in the salt to keep from tearing it up on the barnacles. I hit a barnacle covered petrified stump in a coastal river 2 years ago that tore my old puck transducer to shreds.

4. Member
    A Lowrance HDI connected to your Gen 3 will CHIRP and would be loads better than the US2
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175