250 sho bump coming off pad

I have a 2010 250 SHO. Not every time but often when I am sitting down coming off pad to an idle I feel a “bump”. It happens when the trim is at different levels. I thought it may be air in the trim but it works perfect. Any ideas?

2. Member
    I don't know what it is but I've felt it a couple of times. Every time it's been when I've made a long hard run. Happens about the time the nose stands up as the boat sits down.
    Almost feels like you hit a stick or something with the lower

3. Member
    Check jack plate mount bolts found two of mine needed tourqued. Noise hasn't come back.
    2017 Pheonix 919, 225 SHO,

4. Member
    I got to thinking about this and I think it may be the motor raising up off the trim tabs then sitting back on them when the stern falls into the water and the nose rises.
    The last time I felt it was this past weekend during a tourney. I run alot harder during them than fun fishing so alot of times I'll be moving pretty good and completely chop the throttle off without any feathering down. No throttle keeping force on the motor to keep it down could let it raise up a tad then as the boat slows more it comes back down.
    I've lifted it up off the tabs in the garage changing props a time or 2 and it's not as hard as you'd think

5. Member
    Yes always check bolts to the transom and jack plate once a year maybe twice if make big runs on big water all the time . They will lose up .