1997 Champion 186 DC questions

I am looking at buying a 186 dc from a coworker. The boat is very clean and has a Mariner 175 on it. I had a couple questions from you guys. What kind of speed can I expect? Overall thoughts of the boat? I have not owned a dual console yet. If I wanted to, can the second console be removed? Or is it molded/glassed in?Any information on this boat is appreciated.

2. Member
    I have a 1997 186 with a 175 Fast Strike, Fully loaded w/2 people I can get 55.......alone, light and in good conditiosn 60 to 62ish (4 blade prop) Could probably tweak it and get a little more
    Fantastic boat, very dry running Hull, handles awesome. Narrow beam good in tight spots, rocks of stumps easy.
    Lots of front storage, Carries a ton of rods. Back deck storage is lacking. Fishes 2 people fine.....3 is a bit crowded.
    Mines a single console but I believe the second console would be glassed in (could be wrong on that)
    If the motor checks out I would highly recommend this rig. Love mine!
    Great place to ask questions, Champion people here very very helpful

3. Pat Goff
    That boat with that motor setup correctly will run 65+ pretty easy.
    I really like the 186, it's quick, handles like a corvette and outrides other 20' boats.
    The console cannot be removed, sorry.
    It's a 23 year old boat, so proper inspection will be necessary.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

4. Member
    I had a 96 186 single console...loved my boat except it was tippy with 2 people fishing on one side. I upgraded to a wide body and my back thanks me every time I go fishing. Rear storage sucked too.

5. Member
    I have a 98 with 150 efi. Get 55-60 with no problem. Like Pat said, handles like a Corvette. Good in big water also. I am 6'4", 240lbs and have no problems with consoles

6. Banned
    I loved my 186. It was a 1997 and had a 175 merc. By myself I could hit 66 mph. Had the prop worked which did wonders for this boat. Just sold it last October to buy this 190

7. Member
    Thanks for the replies. He still uses the boat and plans to sell it in the fall. I was curious about the console, but you never know. I might like it. It will be an upgrade from what I am using right now.