Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    My guess is they shut the manufacturing down for 3 months due the virus.
    Dave Sheffield
    Proudly Representing:
    Bass Cat Boats
    Mercury Outboards
    MotorGuide Trolling Motors
    Ardent Outdoors
    Power Pole

2. Member
    Ships the week of June 22.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
    Ships the week of June 22.

Unless you work for MG shipping dept, I don’t believe it. Their shipping date has changed every month since Jan.

This is a classic post...

No matter the issue these companies are loose, loose till the product ships. No one wants the product on the market more than these companies do. Your anticipation is compounded on the internal strife over getting a product to market.

5. Member
    Be patient young grasshoppers. It will happen .

Quote Originally Posted by Shef View Post
    My guess is they shut the manufacturing down for 3 months due the virus.
    While many companies find the virus to be a handy excuse, their slipping delivery dates began well before the plandemic.
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Unless you work for MG shipping dept, I don’t believe it. Their shipping date has changed every month since Jan.
    Bass Pro went from "back ordered" to "ships June 22....". Something has happened.

8. Banned
    Bass Pro went from "back ordered" to "ships June 22....". Something has happened.
    Yeah, their web team changed a line of code. On June 21 they're going to change that same line of code back to "back ordered" or "ships July 27".

There's been no official communication from Motor Guide that these units are going to ship any time soon.

These things are becoming the boating product version of PSA's MP5 clone. Vaporware.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    Yeah, their web team changed a line of code. On June 21 they're going to change that same line of code back to "back ordered" or "ships July 27".

You have to ask why though. There was never a day mentioned before. You seem to have a narrative and want facts to fit them. Very strange.

10. Member

There's been no official communication from Motor Guide that these units are going to ship any time soon.

These things are becoming the boating product version of PSA's MP5 clone. Vaporware.
    They just changed it again :lol:

11. Banned
    They just changed it again :lol:
    See? No narrative. The date for these things has been pushed back every month since September of last year. At least on web sites trying to sell them. Not a stitch of info directly from MG though.

12. Member
    See? No narrative. The date for these things has been pushed back every month since September of last year. At least on web sites trying to sell them. Not a stitch of info directly from MG though.
    So, when do you think they will ship? I mean, if you have no narrative and all.

My order is with the factory store. I just had to change my CC with them on that order. I was still told June. :fingerscrossed:

13. Banned
    So, when do you think they will ship? I mean, if you have no narrative and all.

My order is with the factory store. I just had to change my CC with them on that order. I was still told June. :fingerscrossed:
    I have no idea. They'll ship when MG makes an official statement that they are shipping. Could be this June, could be June 2021. You'd think they would have said something to let pre-order buyers know that their product will be shipping this month. We're half through June, so I don't foresee them shipping anything this month.

The way they've handled this launch has been pretty poor, in my opinion.

14. Member
    I have no idea. They'll ship when MG makes an official statement that they are shipping. Could be this June, could be June 2021. You'd think they would have said something to let pre-order buyers know that their product will be shipping this month. We're half through June, so I don't foresee them shipping anything this month.

The way they've handled this launch has been pretty poor, in my opinion.
    I just got a call back from a manager because of the CC change. He also said June. I'll post the shipping email when received

15. Banned
    I just got a call back from a manager because of the CC change. He also said June. I'll post the shipping email when received
    I hope you get your troller. I really look forward to some end user reviews, and not the biased "I couldn't have caught all those fish without my W-Boat/X-Motor/Y-Troller/Z-Electronics", or the existing vids on YT from retailers trying to sell product. Everything is the best thing on the market to those people.

16. Banned

I hope you receive it too, but...my buddy had one on order since last Memorial Day. Back then Tackle Warehouse said Jan 9th, then Jan came and went with no Tour Pro to show. Every month, my buddy waited and their release date kept changing. He finally called TW and canceled the MG order and ordered a ghost. So my point is, they have changed the release date so many times that TW no longer even post it.

17. Member
    I'm not waiting. Ill just get an Ultrex.

18. Member
    Yep, just keep buying those readily available Ultrex motors everyone...I need more people out of the waiting line!

This is a very curious situation and could be due to any of the thoughts above, or other issues. I respect anyone’s brand preference and any boat, motor or TM can have issues and at times, any of them are turds. However, the real evaluation won’t be until all these have been out a while and enough data is in to say which appears to have a lead. The Ultrex certainly has the current lead but go look at the TM board and you’ll see issues which should scare any potential buyer. Less for the Force and Ghost but they haven’t been out as long and the MG is still vapor ware at this point.

from a personal opinion, I’m scared of any that aren’t cable steer which rules out all but MG so still waiting, impatiently.

Basscat Eyra
    Mercury 250 ProXS

20. Member
    Same for me. The good news is, they are showing up on pro's boats more often.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast