Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Glad they did a good clean job for you. Hopefully that puts folks minds at ease about it.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

2. Member
    I guess at this point unless I’m contacted by Triton or my dealer, I just do nothing?

3. Member
    I ask the factory guy if the hull got compromised without the added foam would it completely sink, he said it would not. The amount of foam that was added was really not very much.
    Quote Originally Posted by itsahog View Post
    I guess at this point unless I’m contacted by Triton or my dealer, I just do nothing?

The amount of foam added is 1 to 1.5 cubic feet. This amount will float 60 to 90 pounds of weight. It’s doubtful the boat would sink. it might not meet the lateral stability standards, which means the deck rail can only go underwater so many inches with the amount of weight the boat will hold on the gunnel.

5. Member
    I got a letter saying my boat MAY be affected, and to contact my dealer. I contacted my dealer and he said he knew nothing about it, and he would let me know. I’ve never heard another word from anyone. In my case, unless I hear something from somebody I’m not doing anything, and as far as I’m concerned I have done nothing wrong. I would think if I had an issue somebody would tell me, especially when I followed the instructions per the letter I received.

6. Member
    I also had my foam added to my new 2020 Triton TRX189 bass boat this week at Bunch Marine. I concur that the rep was very professional and that the procedure went very well. As stated the process took only around 30 minutes and I was on my back to the north Ga. mountains. Thanks Bunch Marine for stepping up to the plate and standing behind the products you sell, a great place to do business. I sent those horrible pics to Gina initially and she followed up in a timely manner and hope that helps to put some of you guys minds at ease.

7. Member
    I called a couple of dealers about getting my 189trx done. The first one told me that I would have to leave it for 3 weeks. That’s not going to happen. The next one said he wasn’t sure but he thought I would have to take it back to the dealer I bought it from and that is 11.5 hours from my house.

8. Member
    Our dealer scheduled the Triton tech to be at the shop for 2 days then called all their customers and set up times. They did mine while I waited, took 30 mins actual work. I was there about an hour total. Doesn't sound like you are dealing with customer friendly dealers!
    Quote Originally Posted by soulloud View Post
    I called a couple of dealers about getting my 189trx done. The first one told me that I would have to leave it for 3 weeks. That’s not going to happen. The next one said he wasn’t sure but he thought I would have to take it back to the dealer I bought it from and that is 11.5 hours from my house.

9. Member
    Yep good dealers are hard to find. Thankful Bunch Marine is only 1.5 hrs away.
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2022 Mercury 225 4s 3B133405

10. Member
    All I can say is this is the most disorganized recall I have ever seen. I get a letter saying my boat “might be” affected and to contact my dealer. So I did, and they had no idea what I was talking about. At that point they told me they would let me know once he found out anything, that has been months ago. I have heard nothing from triton or my dealer. I’m just going to forget about it.

11. Member
    You did what they advised on the recall. I would do the same and assume the dealer checked and my boat wasn't involved.It would have been nice if he had given you a call back. Like I posted earlier even without the added floatation, if your hull gets compromised the Triton rep said the boat isn't going to the bottom, it's still gonna float.
    Quote Originally Posted by itsahog View Post
    All I can say is this is the most disorganized recall I have ever seen. I get a letter saying my boat “might be” affected and to contact my dealer. So I did, and they had no idea what I was talking about. At that point they told me they would let me know once he found out anything, that has been months ago. I have heard nothing from triton or my dealer. I’m just going to forget about it.

12. Member
    It's to make the boat float level when the hull is full of water. It's a federal spec that all hulls have level flotation in them and has been for years.

Dropped mine off at the dealer this weekend (finally) to get the flotation recall completed and a few other things. I bashed my dealer for taking so long to get to me to my friends, but after seeing what the fishing and boating industry has been through the summer due to COVID, I guess I'll give them a pass.

They said they had completed other boats, and he didn't want mine to be the guinea pig on the fix. Said there isn't much too it, removed cup holders or various other things, and then insert the foam for X amount of seconds in the required area.

They are going to look into a top cap crack I have around the gas filler neck where Triton didn't predrill or something correctly and the crack has spread from a screw hole. Now just a waiting game I guess.

2019 Triton 189 TRX
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS 4 Stroke
    6" Rapid Jack Magnum Manual Plate

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456