Dts / shifting issue verado 250 hp

Hello,

Hopefully somebody can help.
    I got a 2006 verado 250 hp low hours 200.
    From beginning we got issues with the throttle lever. Bought engine without rigging and ask the dealer to buy everyting new for plug and play they send a guy with cds computer to install everytime the modules don't fit the engine. So he decide to try a old throttle lever from approx same age. Far so good looks like everything works fine. Then sometimes when shift to reverse it gives a warning sound and no fault code on sc1000. It stops when turn of the key. 1 time dangerous moment (always happen reverse) sound get in so we shift neutral and forward instead of forward the engine goes backwards.... So turn of the key directly (it happen 1 time) sometimes all run great sometimes it gets in. Tried to make a movie on the floating dock.

Movie:

Thanks,
    Corne
    The Netherlands

2. Member
    European Marine (Don) is going to need your engine serial number.
    CAYMAS1

3. Member
    Thanks serial number: 1B074358

IMG_20200530_181038.jpg

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    No problem with using later controls- buy you need an early-style Command Module. Controls must be CONFIGURED (and helm CONFIGURED) with the Computer Diagnostic System. No other option.

The Run History and Freeze Frame (Fault) History will provide critical diagnostic information. Make sure they are PRINTED OUT (or the files SAVED)- if need be, I'll be glad to review them for you.

Do NOT operate the engine again until this has been accurately diagnosed/repaired.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor